Smart boot manager is handy'er to have than a bunch of floppies dedicated thier respective CD.
I notice that the routines for creating boot floppies have changed from 3.3 to 3.4. I found a note stating that it should be easier now, but not how to actually create the floppies for knoppix 3.4.
How do I do that? I have access to both windows and linux, but am interested in how to create floppies from both systems.
Thank you in advance! / f =)
Smart boot manager is handy'er to have than a bunch of floppies dedicated thier respective CD.
Any suggestions to the original posters request? I also need a boot floppy disk, not a partition manager.Originally Posted by softwaretester
Been there, done that. Didn't work. =)Originally Posted by softwaretester
The thing is that sbm does not work on my obscure laptop (Supra 5026, a p166 from the stonage). I tried various boot managers in general, either they do not recognise the cd or do not load at all.
As mentioned, I read somewhere (cant find it again though) that the move to isolinux in 3.4 was partially to make it possible to have two boot floppies (for 2.6 kernels). So, I really do believe that there is some way to create those floppies. The question remains. How?
I would like to know this as well. I tried a boot disk from 3.3, and while that will boot Knoppix it leaves a list of errors and unrecognized hardware in its wake. (Most noticeable is my internet connection.) There must be some way to make a floppy, but I remain mystified. Any help would be appreciated...
Hi,
answered in:
http://knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.p...cf7fab6774f0bf
please discuss the solution there.
cu
Fabian
PS: Closed to avoid duplicates.

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00
Vintage 1998 iMac G3 M4984 Mac OS + Keyboard Working but Needs Some Repair Read
$295.00
Apple Power Macintosh PowerPC 7300/200 VTG w Keyboard Mouse Storage Drive Read
$199.99
Vintage Edmark TouchWindow for Macintosh DeskTop Computer Touch Window Never Usd
$63.99
Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB M0001A Vintage Computer Boots Up / Floppy Disk Stuck
$99.99
Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00
185--Sonnet Crescendo G3 PPCG3-375-5-K-06 G3 Add-On Card for Vintage Mac
$99.00
Vintage Apple iBook G3 12.1â 500MHz 2001 Restored, SSD Upgraded Mac OS 9.2/OS X
$180.00
Mixed Lot Vintage Mac Windows media / Graphics / Sound Software - CDs 37 Pieces
$40.99
Apple Macintosh DuoDock Duo Dock M7779 & Powerbook 230 Vintage Mac RARE Vintage
$249.00