Smart boot manager is handy'er to have than a bunch of floppies dedicated thier respective CD.
I notice that the routines for creating boot floppies have changed from 3.3 to 3.4. I found a note stating that it should be easier now, but not how to actually create the floppies for knoppix 3.4.
How do I do that? I have access to both windows and linux, but am interested in how to create floppies from both systems.
Thank you in advance! / f =)
Smart boot manager is handy'er to have than a bunch of floppies dedicated thier respective CD.
Any suggestions to the original posters request? I also need a boot floppy disk, not a partition manager.Originally Posted by softwaretester
Been there, done that. Didn't work. =)Originally Posted by softwaretester
The thing is that sbm does not work on my obscure laptop (Supra 5026, a p166 from the stonage). I tried various boot managers in general, either they do not recognise the cd or do not load at all.
As mentioned, I read somewhere (cant find it again though) that the move to isolinux in 3.4 was partially to make it possible to have two boot floppies (for 2.6 kernels). So, I really do believe that there is some way to create those floppies. The question remains. How?
I would like to know this as well. I tried a boot disk from 3.3, and while that will boot Knoppix it leaves a list of errors and unrecognized hardware in its wake. (Most noticeable is my internet connection.) There must be some way to make a floppy, but I remain mystified. Any help would be appreciated...
Hi,
answered in:
http://knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.p...cf7fab6774f0bf
please discuss the solution there.
cu
Fabian
PS: Closed to avoid duplicates.

(New) AMD Ryzen 7 5700X 8 Core 16 Thread AM4 Unlocked 3.4 GHz CPU OEM Tray
$169.99
Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00
AMD Ryzen 7 7700X 8-Core, 16-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor
$250.00
DELL OPTIPLEX 3280 21.5" AIO Core i5 10500T 8GB 256GB NVMe Windows 11 -NO STAND
$179.99
Intel Xeon E5 - 2667V2 / SR19W 3.30GHz 25MB 8-Core CPU Socket LGA2011
$30.00
AMD Ryzen 5 PRO 4650GE 100-000000153 6-Core 3.30GHz 8MB AM4 CPU Processor
$59.99
AMD Ryzen Threadripper PRO 3945WX 12-Core 4.0GHz sWRX8 CPU NEW Tray Unlocked
$79.99
AMD FX 8350 8-CORE 4.00GHz CPU FD8350FRW8KHK SOCKET AM3+ *QTY
$39.99
Home Assistant Server | 8GB RAM | 128GB SSD | Intel i5 Quad-Core | Dell OptiPlex
$159.99
Dell T7810 Workstation 8-Core 2.40GHz E5-2630 v3 No RAM GPU HDD OS
$259.98