Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 24

Thread: Knoppix Remastered DVD ISO!!!! Download it here <--------

  1. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Posts
    1

    md5's

    I've just downloaded the image twice and got two different md5's for it, both different than the one on the server. What gives?

  2. #12
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    12

    new dvd

    I got the new dvd but cant get it to boot on startup. My knoppix 3.4 cd works fine but the dvd never loads...I have a 8 speed + and - dvd drive. Any ideas? I think that the bootup may not support dvd boots, I have a old p3 600mhz. I looked for rawrite on the disk but it wasnt present.

  3. #13
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Ca
    Posts
    305
    Kingfish:

    Perhaps you forgot to select the dvd drive in bios.

    My DVD runs great on sony 16x dvdrom and I downloaded and burned it with k3b on a sony DVD rw at 4x.

    I have edited isolinux.config on advice from el_supremo to permit the use of ...from26..to perform the boot from hd.

    The media is speed sensitive and some readers don't work with the media.

    Best of luck.

  4. #14
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    12
    My bios dosn't have a dvd option just the cd option. Guess i could try to flash it with a update.

  5. #15
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Israel, Netanya
    Posts
    18
    people, in short, in what aspect(s) the DVD version offers more ?

  6. #16
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2
    I downloaded the iso and instead of burning it I opened it with VMWARE and started the OS and it ran fine. I typed knoppix lan=en at the boot: screen. After the OS started it was not in english. WHY?

  7. #17
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441

    Re: md5's

    Quote Originally Posted by kleb
    I've just downloaded the image twice and got two different md5's for it, both different than the one on the server. What gives?
    It's likely your choice of tools and way of downloading. I used to get about 50% bad downloads when using the mirrors. Since I've started using BitTorrent I haven't had a single bad download (and yes my Knoppix 4.0 DVD came down fine and the md5 sum matched). You can spend a couple minutes learning to use BitTorrent or you can keep trying to get it from the mirrors. Do whichever you think is best.

  8. #18
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by kingfish600
    My bios dosn't have a dvd option just the cd option. Guess i could try to flash it with a update.
    Most of the time there will be no mention of DVD in the BIOS, but if you have a DVD drive in the system rather than a CD drive you just set the BIOS to boot from CD first and it still works. Perhaps it would have been better if the BIOS just used the term "optical drive", but then I expect that would have confused some people who call support and ask how to boot from CD. Some BIOS will look at all optical drives on the system to boot, some seem to only boot from the first optical drive, so if you have both a DVD drive and a CD drive you may need to be sure that the DVD drive is seen first.

    Of course, if there is a BIOS update for your MB and the update file mentions anything about booting then you certainly might want to flash the bios.

  9. #19
    Administrator Site Admin-
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    5,441
    Quote Originally Posted by tak
    ... I typed knoppix lan=en at the boot: screen. After the OS started it was not in english. WHY?
    If you didn't make a typo above , the the reason is that you got the cheat code wrong, it's lang, not lan. And did you actually see the = sign, or did you just type the = sign key?

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    1
    ftp://ftp.tu-chemnitz.de/.mount/sda1/ftp/knoppix-dvd/

    the link above has a 3gb english iso

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Knoppix-installer on a remastered CD...
    By richardljohnson in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:41 AM
  2. Different behaviour between knoppix and my remastered one
    By ZedroS in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 08-17-2004, 04:11 PM
  3. changes to a remastered knoppix cd
    By rust in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-27-2004, 07:45 PM
  4. how to test the remastered knoppix
    By urpk in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-16-2003, 08:41 PM
  5. booting remastered knoppix from HD
    By mehlng in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-17-2003, 12:00 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


(2) Vintage DEC DLV11-KB RS-232 to 20mA Current Loop Converters PDP-11 As-Is picture

(2) Vintage DEC DLV11-KB RS-232 to 20mA Current Loop Converters PDP-11 As-Is

$170.00



Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW picture

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW

$269.99



Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7) picture

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)

$279.99



Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3) picture

Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)

$149.99



Vintage DEC RT-11 V5.0 8” Floppy Disks HT-11 System BASIC FORTRAN Software Lot picture

Vintage DEC RT-11 V5.0 8” Floppy Disks HT-11 System BASIC FORTRAN Software Lot

$199.95



Vintage DEC LSI-11 PDP-11 Paper Tape Software Lot (96 Tapes) Cables Hardware picture

Vintage DEC LSI-11 PDP-11 Paper Tape Software Lot (96 Tapes) Cables Hardware

$649.00



DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO) picture

DEC 3010A Vintage Ceramic chip - ALL LEGS INTACT (BO)

$100.00



VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C picture

VINTAGE DEC LA34/ LA100 SERIES KEYBOARD W/NUMERIC PAD 70-17864-01C

$140.00



Vintage Computer Lot Commodore IBM Gateway AT Gaming Towers DEC IBM HUGE CRT LOT picture

Vintage Computer Lot Commodore IBM Gateway AT Gaming Towers DEC IBM HUGE CRT LOT

$7250.00



VINTAGE DEC/MDB Systems MLSI-TEV Circuit Board #40040340 1976 (B5) picture

VINTAGE DEC/MDB Systems MLSI-TEV Circuit Board #40040340 1976 (B5)

$69.99