-
-
Ok.. I downloaded this too.
It's the Cebit version.
Doesn't have the handy menu item for the NTFS captive write support.
Seems to run great once you do the lang=us (= is SHIFT 0 ) on the german keyboard.
I kinda expected 'more' on it.
Running off a dvd is faster and queter than a cdrom.
-
Is there another link for the dvd iso other than that one? That ftp link isn't working for me.
-
Senior Member
registered user
-
Thank you so very much for the link baldyeti
-
so it's an older Knoppix..
ofcourse one can always burn the 700MB ISO to a DVD, and thus take advantage of the DVD-readspeeds.
-

Originally Posted by
baldyeti
Hi ya.
Downloaded the DVD ISO and it works great. Seems it will also install to HD. Which the original Ce Bit would not.
My question is this. What command is used to install it in English.
Would it be something like:
sudo knoppix-installer/knoppix lang=us
I'd like to install the whole disk to my drive but I need an english install.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
Snow
sudo knoppix-installer/knoppix lang=us
Standard disclaimer: I have not tried this myself, but I guess it's more a matter of getting your cheatcodes right when booting off the DVD, then launching the install which will replicate your live environment.
-

Originally Posted by
baldyeti

Originally Posted by
Snow
sudo knoppix-installer/knoppix lang=us
Standard disclaimer: I have not tried this myself, but I guess it's more a matter of getting your cheatcodes right when booting off the DVD, then launching the install which will replicate your live environment.
Ok so you are saying that if I boot the Knoppix DVD with the US lang code and then do a HD install, it will install the OS in English?
I'll try that.
-
Junior Member
registered user
if it doesnt boot in language you can edit /etc/lilo.conf and change the values that say lang=de to lang=us
Similar Threads
-
By richardljohnson in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:41 AM
-
By ZedroS in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-17-2004, 04:11 PM
-
By rust in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 07:45 PM
-
By urpk in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-16-2003, 08:41 PM
-
By mehlng in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 12:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Lenovo ThinkPad T14S Gen 1 CORE i7-10610U 1.80GHZ 256GB 16GB WCam WiFi W11 Cord
$175.00

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 G2 14-Inch AMD Ryzen R5 5650U 16GB, 512GB SSD Win 11 Pro
$398.99

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad T480 14" FHD i5-8250U 8GB 256GB SSD Windows 11
$200.00

Lenovo - Yoga 7i 2-in-1 16" 2K Touchscreen Laptop - Intel Core Ultra 5 Proces...
$749.99

Lenovo - IdeaPad Slim 3 15.6" Full HD Laptop - AMD Ryzen 5 40 2025 - 8GB Memo...
$379.99

Lenovo ThinkPad T14 Gen 2 i5-1145G7 16GB 512GB SSD Touch Win 11 Pro Good
$261.99

Lenovo IdeaPad 5 2-in-1 16" WUXGA Touch Ryzen 7 8845HS 16GB 512GB SSD FPReader
$571.00

Lenovo ThinkPad L15 Gen 3 15.6" 16GB, Thunder Black
$241.50

Lenovo ThinkPad laptop T490 14" i5 8365U 16GB NEW 256gb SSD WIN 11 pro CAM WIFI
$259.99