-
md5's
I've just downloaded the image twice and got two different md5's for it, both different than the one on the server. What gives?
-
Junior Member
registered user
new dvd
I got the new dvd but cant get it to boot on startup. My knoppix 3.4 cd works fine but the dvd never loads...I have a 8 speed + and - dvd drive. Any ideas? I think that the bootup may not support dvd boots, I have a old p3 600mhz. I looked for rawrite on the disk but it wasnt present.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Kingfish:
Perhaps you forgot to select the dvd drive in bios.
My DVD runs great on sony 16x dvdrom and I downloaded and burned it with k3b on a sony DVD rw at 4x.
I have edited isolinux.config on advice from el_supremo to permit the use of ...from26..to perform the boot from hd.
The media is speed sensitive and some readers don't work with the media.
Best of luck.
-
Junior Member
registered user
My bios dosn't have a dvd option just the cd option. Guess i could try to flash it with a update.
-
Junior Member
registered user
people, in short, in what aspect(s) the DVD version offers more ?
-
I downloaded the iso and instead of burning it I opened it with VMWARE and started the OS and it ran fine. I typed knoppix lan=en at the boot: screen. After the OS started it was not in english. WHY?
-
Administrator
Site Admin-
Re: md5's

Originally Posted by
kleb
I've just downloaded the image twice and got two different md5's for it,
both different than the one on the server. What gives?

It's likely your choice of tools and way of downloading. I used to get about 50% bad downloads when using the mirrors. Since I've started using BitTorrent I haven't had a single bad download (and yes my Knoppix 4.0 DVD came down fine and the md5 sum matched). You can spend a couple minutes learning to use BitTorrent or you can keep trying to get it from the mirrors. Do whichever you think is best.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
kingfish600
My bios dosn't have a dvd option just the cd option. Guess i could try to flash it with a update.
Most of the time there will be no mention of DVD in the BIOS, but if you have a DVD drive in the system rather than a CD drive you just set the BIOS to boot from CD first and it still works. Perhaps it would have been better if the BIOS just used the term "optical drive", but then I expect that would have confused some people who call support and ask how to boot from CD. Some BIOS will look at all optical drives on the system to boot, some seem to only boot from the first optical drive, so if you have both a DVD drive and a CD drive you may need to be sure that the DVD drive is seen first.
Of course, if there is a BIOS update for your MB and the update file mentions anything about booting then you certainly might want to flash the bios.
-
Administrator
Site Admin-

Originally Posted by
tak
... I typed knoppix lan=en at the boot: screen. After the OS started it was not in english. WHY?
If you didn't make a typo above , the the reason is that you got the cheat code wrong, it's lang, not lan. And did you actually see the = sign, or did you just type the = sign key?
-
Similar Threads
-
By richardljohnson in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-27-2004, 06:41 AM
-
By ZedroS in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 6
Last Post: 08-17-2004, 04:11 PM
-
By rust in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-27-2004, 07:45 PM
-
By urpk in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 11-16-2003, 08:41 PM
-
By mehlng in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 9
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 12:00 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

Intel Core i5-12500 3.00 GHz LGA 1700 Desktop CPU Processor SRL5V
$125.00

Intel Core i5-11500 2.70 GHz LGA 1200 Desktop CPU Processor SRKNY
$94.99

Intel 4th Gen Core i7-4790 SR1QF 3.60GHz (Turbo 4.00GHz) 8M 4-Core LGA-1150 CPU
$39.99

Intel Core i7-7700T 2.9GHz 8MB Socket LGA1151 Quad Core Processor SR339
$39.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$69.99

Intel Core i7-7700 SR338 3.6GHz 4-Core LGA 1151 Kaby Lake CPU Processor - Good
$39.99

COMBO: ASUS Prime H370M-PLUS MOTHERBOARD + i5-9400F CPU /w Heatsink + 16GB DDR4
$169.95

hp Desktop PC Computer Quad Core 16GB RAM DUAL 22" LCDs Wi-Fi BT Windows 11 SSD
$219.99