-
Senior Member
registered user
HDD Boot, fsck repair and reboot ???
Ok, I've been running Knoppix v3.3 hard drive installed for some time, and every 40 mounts of my root partition have caused a forced fsck check on the device this is held on, /dev/hda1...
Everything has been going great, even though this check can take some time, before Knoppix will actually complete its booting, until, this morning... Upon booting, fsck forced its usual 40 mounted checking, and then printed the following (pardon if I don't type this exactly, considering it was in a boot screen, I didn't have copy/paste) :
/dev/hda1: ***** REBOOT LINUX *****
/dev/hda1: somebignumber/somebignumber (1.2% non-contiguous) somebignumber/somebignumber
fsck failed. Please repair manually and reboot [blah, blah, blah]
CONTROL-D to exit this shell, and reboot
-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Ok, now I am lost - what happened, what should I "have" done? Having no clue what to do in this situation, I did a CTRL-D, rebooted, and came in here to post for help. How much damage am I doing by not "doing what I was supposed to do before", and such???
Is this severe? Can it be recovered? What should I do NOW? And, lastly, if this happens again, what should I have done?
Thanks in advance, this boot message has got me scared here,
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By alvey in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 16
Last Post: 01-10-2007, 02:02 AM
-
By Ripshaft in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 02-16-2005, 09:32 PM
-
By FatBoy in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 06-15-2004, 01:56 AM
-
By ramu_i in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-02-2004, 08:26 AM
-
By suoko in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-27-2003, 10:20 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage DEC VT100 Series Terminal (Powers On)
$499.99

Vintage DEC Digital Starion 200 Desktop PC Powers On Boots To BIOS NO HDD - DW
$269.99

Vintage DEC/Mostek memory systems MK 8015 AA-00 6805-08015 1100 REV C(B7)
$279.99

Vintage DEC Digital M8048 5013995C PDP-11 LSI 11 ROM (B3)
$149.99

6 Vintage DEC Digital System Building Blocks - Flip Chips
$125.00

VINTAGE DEC DELNI-AA 8 PORT AUI THICKWIRE ETHERNET LAN INTERCONNECT IN COVERS.
$95.00

Vintage DEC LK201 Digital Equipment Corporation (DEC) LK201-AA Computer Keyboard
$149.99

Vintage DEC Digital Equipment Flip-Chip Module Lot Parts
$59.99

Vintage DEC Digital Rainbow Drive Controller PC100 RD51 CNTLR
$69.99

Vintage DEC Digital M8153 RH70 UNIBUS CONTROL-BCT (B15)
$139.99