Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Downloading music using Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    12

    Downloading music using Knoppix

    Anyone know what program is best to download music using knoppix. I use my laptop, which only has one CD drive, so I cannot put music CD's in, so I need to download a program to download music. I tried Gnutella, but after trying to install it, Knoppix ran into errors and I cannot get it to work properly. If you can help, that would be great. Thanks.

    I'm kinda new to this, so if you have a detailed explaination, please note that I dont know a whole lot about all the different command and everything else.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    KornFace13,

    I am a little confused on your posting, do you want a program to just download music files (so you can play them on Knoppix), or do you want a program that "streams" music files from the internet onto your Knoppix system? I am not sure on your intent, but I am guessing you want a "streaming" player program, right? Maybe I am just clueless here, and someone else knows "exactly" what this is, and what would be used for it...

    I use "local" audio files on my system, and just use XMMS, or Audacity, or even ReZound for playing audio files. I never tried doing "streaming audio" with Knoppix, so I don't know what program would be best for doing this. Sorry, maybe someone else has more input on this issue...

    Hope this helps,
    Cuddles

Similar Threads

  1. Downloading Knoppix
    By kessragnell in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 06:59 AM
  2. Downloading file onto knoppix
    By sunray in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2004, 06:21 PM
  3. Project: bundle Bootable knoppix CD with my Band's Music CD.
    By patrickvogel in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 12:22 AM
  4. downloading and playing games on Knoppix
    By spydie in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-23-2003, 06:24 PM
  5. Knoppix Demo CD and Music CD's ?
    By samwisegamgee in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 05:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026 picture

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026

$13.99



NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch picture

NVIDIA Jetson TK1 + Intel NUC Compute Cluster Tray w/ Netgear 16-Port Switch

$499.99



OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$115.00



VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server picture

VA Linux 1120 1U Rackmount Server

$100.00



All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive picture

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive

$15.95



Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU picture

Start9 Server Pure 32GB 4TB Intel i7 Node StartOS — Box + PSU

$649.00



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB picture

ZimaBoard 2 1664 Home Server 16GB

$350.00



SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA picture

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA

$284.99



Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP picture

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP

$299.00