Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Downloading music using Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    12

    Downloading music using Knoppix

    Anyone know what program is best to download music using knoppix. I use my laptop, which only has one CD drive, so I cannot put music CD's in, so I need to download a program to download music. I tried Gnutella, but after trying to install it, Knoppix ran into errors and I cannot get it to work properly. If you can help, that would be great. Thanks.

    I'm kinda new to this, so if you have a detailed explaination, please note that I dont know a whole lot about all the different command and everything else.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    KornFace13,

    I am a little confused on your posting, do you want a program to just download music files (so you can play them on Knoppix), or do you want a program that "streams" music files from the internet onto your Knoppix system? I am not sure on your intent, but I am guessing you want a "streaming" player program, right? Maybe I am just clueless here, and someone else knows "exactly" what this is, and what would be used for it...

    I use "local" audio files on my system, and just use XMMS, or Audacity, or even ReZound for playing audio files. I never tried doing "streaming audio" with Knoppix, so I don't know what program would be best for doing this. Sorry, maybe someone else has more input on this issue...

    Hope this helps,
    Cuddles

Similar Threads

  1. Downloading Knoppix
    By kessragnell in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 06:59 AM
  2. Downloading file onto knoppix
    By sunray in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2004, 06:21 PM
  3. Project: bundle Bootable knoppix CD with my Band's Music CD.
    By patrickvogel in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 12:22 AM
  4. downloading and playing games on Knoppix
    By spydie in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-23-2003, 06:24 PM
  5. Knoppix Demo CD and Music CD's ?
    By samwisegamgee in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 05:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡ picture

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡

$109.99



Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P picture

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P

$149.99



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch

$79.99



Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management picture

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management

$249.97



New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty picture

New Sealed Juniper EX4100-F-12P 12x 1GbE PoE 2x 10GbE uplinks 1 Year Warranty

$895.00



Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC picture

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC

$10499.99



Juniper EX4600-40F-AFO 24-Port Dual PSU Network Switch picture

Juniper EX4600-40F-AFO 24-Port Dual PSU Network Switch

$164.98



Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99 picture

Juniper Networks AP33-US Indoor Wifi6 (US Version) 5GHz: 4x4:4; 2.99

$24.99



New Juniper Networks EX3400-48P 48-Port PoE+ 4-Port SFP+ Ethernet Switch Sealed picture

New Juniper Networks EX3400-48P 48-Port PoE+ 4-Port SFP+ Ethernet Switch Sealed

$466.65



Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed) picture

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port PoE Gigabit Switch (Renewed)

$345.97