Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Downloading music using Knoppix

  1. #1
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    12

    Downloading music using Knoppix

    Anyone know what program is best to download music using knoppix. I use my laptop, which only has one CD drive, so I cannot put music CD's in, so I need to download a program to download music. I tried Gnutella, but after trying to install it, Knoppix ran into errors and I cannot get it to work properly. If you can help, that would be great. Thanks.

    I'm kinda new to this, so if you have a detailed explaination, please note that I dont know a whole lot about all the different command and everything else.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Salt Lake City, UT, U.S.A.
    Posts
    1,338
    KornFace13,

    I am a little confused on your posting, do you want a program to just download music files (so you can play them on Knoppix), or do you want a program that "streams" music files from the internet onto your Knoppix system? I am not sure on your intent, but I am guessing you want a "streaming" player program, right? Maybe I am just clueless here, and someone else knows "exactly" what this is, and what would be used for it...

    I use "local" audio files on my system, and just use XMMS, or Audacity, or even ReZound for playing audio files. I never tried doing "streaming audio" with Knoppix, so I don't know what program would be best for doing this. Sorry, maybe someone else has more input on this issue...

    Hope this helps,
    Cuddles

Similar Threads

  1. Downloading Knoppix
    By kessragnell in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-25-2004, 06:59 AM
  2. Downloading file onto knoppix
    By sunray in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-07-2004, 06:21 PM
  3. Project: bundle Bootable knoppix CD with my Band's Music CD.
    By patrickvogel in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-20-2004, 12:22 AM
  4. downloading and playing games on Knoppix
    By spydie in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-23-2003, 06:24 PM
  5. Knoppix Demo CD and Music CD's ?
    By samwisegamgee in forum General Support
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-09-2003, 05:37 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver picture

Lot of 500 Cisco 10-3145-02 QSFP-100G-CWDM4-S 100G CWDM4 QSFP28 Transceiver

$1500.00



Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch picture

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch

$129.99



Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New picture

Cisco 8-Port Ethernet Catalyst Switch - WS-C2960C-8TC-L - Brand New

$50.00



Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New picture

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New

$101.99



Qty: 30 Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD  Module  10-2945-02  NEW / SEALED picture

Qty: 30 Cisco QSFP-40G-SR-BD Module 10-2945-02 NEW / SEALED

$500.00



CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B,  SKU 16188 picture

CISCO Services Router C891F-K9, Grade B, SKU 16188

$24.94



Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver picture

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver

$5.40



Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G 2 Port Network Exp Module for 3850 picture

Cisco C3850-NM-2-10G 2 Port Network Exp Module for 3850

$16.99



20 X  New Cisco QSFP-100G-FR-W2 10-3659-01 Module Hologram Brand New 20 Pack picture

20 X New Cisco QSFP-100G-FR-W2 10-3659-01 Module Hologram Brand New 20 Pack

$299.00



Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch picture

Cisco Catalyst WS-C2960+24TC-S 24-Port Gigabit Managed SFP Switch

$39.99