-
2 hard disk installation won't boot to knoppix
I'm hoping someone can help me out here.
I went through the installation script to install knoppix in an extended partition on my 2nd hard drive. I have a 98/XP dual booting system already.
The install appeared to go fine, and when asked to install LILO I picked yes. However, upon reboot, it boots into the 98/XP system and no LILO comes up.
I'm assuming this is because LILO is in the boot partition of my 2nd hard drive, and needs to be on the boot partition of my 1st hard drive for it to kick. But how do I get it there?
My hard drives look like this:
1st disk: 1 primary (fat32), 1 logical (NTFS)
2nd disk: 1 primary (fat32), in extended: 1 linux, 1 linux swap.
THanks
-
Senior Member
registered user
What are you using for your boot loader now? I assume the XP boot loader on your first drive.
You will need to set up a boot entry in your boot loader that points to the lilo setup on your knoppix install. I can't help you with xp. I think you'll end up not being able to use xp if you put the lilo mbr on your first drive. So what you need to do is set up your xp boot loader to go to the boot partition of your second drive then you should be able to access knoppix on that drive.
HTH
rock
-
Senior Member
registered user
actually, If I am thinking straight on this, if you load lilo onto hda, it can see XP... that is what I am doing... You will probably need to edit the lilo file to get it to do so... but hey, thats the fun of linux.
Similar Threads
-
By Merdock in forum Laptops
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-21-2004, 02:14 PM
-
By perpo in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 03-16-2004, 08:41 PM
-
By kiber in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-02-2003, 11:19 AM
-
By jvila in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-21-2003, 02:49 PM
-
By fm78 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 13
Last Post: 03-13-2003, 09:44 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Mini Computer Vacuum USB Keyboard Cleaner PC Laptop Brush Dust Cleaning Kit NEW
$13.89

V3 Robot Vacuum and Mop Combo,Self-Charging,5000pa Strong Suction,WiFi/Alexa NIB
$82.00

LEVOIT Cordless Vacuum Cleaner, Stick Vac with Tangle-Resistant Design, Up to...
$167.63

Compressed Air Duster 1 Button Adjustment 12000 RPM Air Blower Car Home Keyboard
$38.99

Compressed Air Duster Rechargeable Computer Vacuum Cleaner for PC Keyboard Toys
$16.99

Vacuum/Air Duster Super Power Mini Car Vacuum Cleaner 4-in-1 air Blower Gun
$64.35

2-in-1 Compressed Air Duster & Vacuum, Brushless Motor, 320000RPM
$37.99

17V Charger for VacLife VL726 Cordless Vacuum Cleaner
$14.54

Cordless Air Duster & Vacuum Cleaner for Keyboard & PC Cleaning - 110000RPM Powe
$53.99

Electric Air Duster Blower High Power Cordless Cleaner for PC Laptop Keyboard
$17.99