-
Junior Member
registered user
Error when running makefile for hostap-driver-0.1.3
Hi Experts,
I'm trying to compile the hostap-driver-0.1.3 package on my Toshiba Tecra M1 in order to get the Wireless network to work. I downloaded the package from here.
The makefile of this package searches for a file "Rules.make" in /usr/src/linux in order to differentiate between Kernel version 2.6 and 2.4. If there is no such file then it assumes Kernel 2.6, which already is the first bug:
I have installed Kernel 2.4.24-xfs using Knoppix 3.3, which does not have a file "Rules.make" in /usr/src/linux, but also isn't Kernel version 2.6
Can somebody please post the appropriate "Rules.make" file for this distribution? Thanks.
Once I have substituted all "2.6" in the package's makefile with "2.4" I receive the following error message upon execution of make:
*********************
make -C /usr/src/linux SUBDIRS=/mnt/hda5/knoppix_save/wireless/hostap-driver-0.1.3/driver/modules \
MODVERDIR=/mnt/hda5/knoppix_save/wireless/hostap-driver-0.1.3/driver/modules modules
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.24-xfs'
make[1]: *** Keine Regel, um »modules« zu erstellen. Schluss.
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.4.24-xfs'
make: *** [2.6] Fehler 2
*********************
Does anybody know how to fix the above error message " *** Keine Regel, um »modules« zu erstellen." ?
Thanks in advance,
TorBu
-
Junior Member
registered user
Error...
I know I posted this in the other group here, but I think you should know if you ARE using the ipw2100 (the Intel Pro 2100 wlan card), that you need to be using kernel version 2.4.25 and above.
That's why I'm so happy that this piece of software is included with the latest Knoppix distro 3.4. No need to hassle with this anymore. I couldn't get the makefile to run in Fedora Core test 1 & 2, and Knoppix 3.3 either. (Note: I realize that there are very different challenges in order to get this going in all three of those distro versions, I just couldn't overcome them).
Basically it comes down to the dependent files that are required, and that's why it's not running for you. I'm not an expert, and didn't overcome the problem myself, so I'm sorry, but if you have the intel Pro 2100 card too, just download the latest Knoppix 3.4 from a torrent site. I did, and now I'm writing this in Knoppix 3.4 and wirelessly! Ahhhhhh....!
Regards,
Scott
-
Junior Member
registered user
Ok, just as a follow-up, in case somebody would come here hoping to find a solution for the problem I described here:
Well, I haven't found a solution yet, but I found a workaround: I installed the Ndiswrapper v0.7 together with the Windows XP driver from the Toshiba support website, instead of using Intel's official Linux driver to get the Centrino Pro2100 wireless network card on my Toshiba TECRA M1to work under Knoppix 3.3. And it is working quite well: I have successfully connected my iMac via it's Airport wireless network card to my Tecra M1via it's Centrino Pro2100 wireless network card using an Ad-hoc network!
And with Intel's official linux drivers the ad-hoc network feature is far from being released yet 
Enjoy.
-
Junior Member
registered user
HOW TO...
torbu -
Can you post a how to here on what you did to get it going?
Scott
Similar Threads
-
By sunpascal in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-19-2005, 06:01 PM
-
By SuD in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-08-2004, 10:27 PM
-
By genzo in forum Networking
Replies: 3
Last Post: 05-09-2004, 11:59 PM
-
By roger_girardin in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 9
Last Post: 04-19-2004, 12:19 PM
-
By roberto in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-31-2002, 04:25 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS116PP 16-Port Gigabit Ethernet Switch UNTESTED
$40.99