Well - I voted against.

a) few users need a database.

b) those who need should use postgresql, because it's much better. MySql doesn't even support nested queries (subqueries). Unfortunely MySql made the race in the last time - from installation-count. Probably because of it's silly name.

c) The most useless application on Windows is Access.

There are heretic movements to make linux as ugly and useless as windows, and I cannot support that.

If you design a database, make it in sql.

You can run this script on every database that clamps to the sql-standards.
In Access you can not. No create statements in the midage sql-box, no update, no insert.

Your work is lost!

If you cut 'n' paste well formatted sql-statements into the sql-box, it's lost.
A colleague created reports on his home with access, carried them to the firma, and they didn't work.
Errormessages were needless.

We created the reports with a connection to an sqlserver 7.0 and shipped it to the customer, but it wasn't possible to connect them to a different server over there.

When I here 'MS Access' I pull my revolver.
And I'm not sorry about that.

And there are a lot of other DB-Tools (DbVisualizer for instance). It works with different databases - not only one. We have odbc, jdbc and I don't know how many interfaces to databases. Building a generic tool is a poor decision in my eyes.

And it violates the linux-way: independency.