-
Senior Member
registered user
Ok, in response, FIFO style:
Eco2Geek, sorry bout that, didn't mean to imply you were being quoted, just what knowledge I had gained from you
Pydron, and for that matter, Kano, when I installed my Knoppix, I was but a "lil noob", not gained much since then, but, I did the complete install into a single partition - I know, bad - since then, I've only accomplished "breaking" out a small portion of that to a swap partition.
So, when my system has problems, the "complete" system gets affected by it. If I was bright, I'd get the v3.4, gut the system again, and then install again, but this time with a broken down partition setup. Only things stopping me are: (1) no clue on what the partitions sizing would be, (2) can't get an easy way of getting ahold of the v3.4 (again, 56k stinks), lastly, I'd hate to have to go through, yet another, attempt of getting all the packages I already have working and installed - hopefully harmoniously, at this time.
I guess this is still way better than Windows' OS's, for those "upgrades" usually require a complete gut/install - at least with Linux, you can "band-aide" it for a while, until you have to. 
Cuddles
Similar Threads
-
By wademago in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-31-2005, 06:35 AM
-
By Everscythe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-14-2005, 09:38 AM
-
By Kowood in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-16-2004, 05:57 AM
-
By anduril in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 26
Last Post: 03-22-2004, 01:09 AM
-
By vesselinpeev in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-26-2003, 09:03 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

GIGABYTE A520M DS3H AC AMD AM4 Motherboard mATX
$59.99

Intel H310 LGA1151 8-9th Gen DDR4 M.2 NVMe mATX Motherboard IO Shield Battery
$54.99

Intel H81 Motherboard M.2 NVMe LGA 1150 mATX w/ IO Shield (Random Slot Color)
$29.90

ASRock Z370 Pro4 LGA 1151 Z370 HDMI USB 3.1 2 Ultra M.2 DDR4 ATX Motherboard
$75.00

GIGABYTE B365 HD3 LGA1151 Intel 9th Gen motherboard
$59.99

ASUS PRIME B360M-C MicroATX Intel LGA1151 DDR4 HDMI VGA USB RJ-45 Audio
$34.99

ASRock B550M PRO4 AM4 AMD B550 SATA 6Gb/s Micro ATX AMD Motherboard
$76.49

ASUS PRIME Z370-A II LGA 1151 Intel Z370 DDR4 DIMM USB3.1 DVI ATX RGB
$69.99

ASUS B85M-G / B85M-G PLUS LGA1150 DDR3 Micro ATX Motherboard HDMI Support 4thCPU
$45.00

MSI B460M-A Pro DDR4 LGA 1200 Micro ATX Motherboard 10th Gen
$59.99