-
Linksys WPC11 Strange Behavior
I'm using a linksys WPC11 PCMCIA v3 wireless card on a Dell Inspiron 7000. With Knoppix 3.4
I've gotten Knoppix to see the card and connect to my AC, as I can ping internal and external address. I can pull up www.apple.com...once.
The strange thing is that after I ping a few places, or try to follow one of the links on www.apple.com the connection quality drops from 86/90 to 8/90.
Doing a 'cardctl reset' resets the connection. After I do this, the connection qulaity is restored and I can ping a few sites and pull up www.apple.com again, but then the same thing happens after I try to access another link.
I can never access anything via Mozilla or Konquerer. Its starts to pull up the page and then dies about 25% of the way through.
I've tried changing channels, turning off WEP, etc.
I've also tried doing iwconfig eth0 frag xxx and rts xxx, but those numbers doing stick. When I do another iwconfig, there set to off. Commit doesn't work either.
Signal levels go from -143 to 4/153 ... don't know what this means.
Noise levels go from -145 to 116/153 ... again don't know what this means.
I've search around and found this thread: http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...742&highlight= but its all about 3.3 and none of the suggested changes worked.
I'm sure I've missed some setting, but which one?
Similar Threads
-
By dbk-gravity in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-31-2005, 10:37 AM
-
By sgs9198 in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-02-2004, 11:15 PM
-
By PAlvarez in forum Networking
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-02-2004, 11:47 PM
-
By cgoodier in forum Networking
Replies: 11
Last Post: 10-13-2003, 01:07 AM
-
By zirey in forum Networking
Replies: 2
Last Post: 07-20-2003, 02:31 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Vintage Apple II Avant-Garde Creations Super Shape Draw And Animate 1981
$295.00

Apple Macintosh Classic M1420 Vintage Desktop Computer Model Macintosh Classic
$100.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus Desktop Computer - M0001A
$150.00

Retro Vintage Apple M0110A Compact Wired Mechanical keyboard for Macintosh Plus
$64.95

Vintage Apple Macintosh Plus 1MB - M0001A W/ Keyboard, 2 Mice, 800K HD, + More
$300.00

Vintage Apple Macintosh LC M0350 Desktop No Harddrive No Power Supply - Parts
$71.95

Lot of 64 Apple II IIe IIc 5.25” Floppy Disk Games Software Utilities Vintage
$39.00

LARGE LOT Vintage Apple Macintosh Mouse Cables Accessories SCSI etc - UNTESTED
$80.00

Vintage Apple Multiple Scan 15av Display Monitor M4681
$299.99

Vintage Apple Monitor IIc 9" Green Monochrome 06/1985 A2M4090 October 1984 Stand
$275.00