-
Docs page defaced
Have a look - someone needs to mend the wiki...
-
Knoppix.net compromised???
I
LOVE
YOU
CARLA AND ALWAYS
or such was the message, my first time visiting knoppix.net and I thought it
was unprofessional (but then I realize knoppix.net has been hacked). Some
of the FTP sites are point to weird URL as well (presently) to outside of the
U.S. when it should point w/in the U.S.
I think Knoppix.net has been compromised and not just a prank of deface.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hi,
the ftp sites all look fine to me, got an example?
As for that wiki I love you thing, someone edited the wiki, which is perfectly allowed ( though it's not allowed to mess it up of course. )
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...ge?version=154
That is version 154 of the wiki homepage 
Then someone fixed it :
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...ge?action=diff
In the future there will be a login to the wiki.
-
I think the Univ. Illinois ftp point to somewhere .de --I take it the alternating FTP servers at "Get Knoppix" is normal?
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
defaultusername
I think the Univ. Illinois ftp point to somewhere .de --I take it the alternating FTP servers at "Get Knoppix" is normal?
the link on the Illinois is :
ftp://uiarchive.uiuc.edu/mirrors/ftp...linux/knoppix/
it is a mirror of a .de ftp server.. as knoppix comes from .de
Yes the alternating is normal, it detects your country and if you're from US will show US mirrors at the top. If it listed them the same every time then the top one would get hit the most, randomizing the order spreads the load between the mirrors.
Similar Threads
-
By RoadKill in forum The Lounge
Replies: 4
Last Post: 01-04-2005, 05:12 AM
-
By jMon54 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-13-2004, 04:03 PM
-
By liaoch in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-02-2004, 10:43 PM
-
By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-10-2003, 07:58 AM
-
By Henk Poley in forum The Lounge
Replies: 6
Last Post: 05-30-2003, 06:53 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00

HGST Ultrastar HUS726040AL5210 4TB 7200RPM SAS 12Gb/s Enterprise HDD
$41.00

Seagate ST8000NM0075 Enterprise Capacity 3.5 HDD 8TB SAS Hard Drive 8TB EXOS
$184.99

Seagate Exos 7E8 4TB SAS 12Gb ST4000NM0025 7200 512n 3.5 HDD
$48.99

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99

Toshiba MG03ACA400 4TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise HDD (V6313)
$61.56

Seagate Barracuda ST1000DM003 1 TB SATA III 3.5 in Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99

Tested WD Ultrastar DC HC520 12TB 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 3.5" HDD HUH721212ALN600
$239.99

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95