-
How to change the default screen resolution
Hi, id' like to change the default screen size from 1024x768 to 800x600
because i have old monitors which do not work with the default resolution.
Thanks!
-
Cheat codes
Hi pankepasa,
You should read the cheat codes in the docs section to learn more about various the various startup options. This is the short answer:
1. At boot press the F2 key and you will be presented with the KNOPPIX cheat codes.
2. Enter "knoppix screen=800x600" without the " "
3. Voila, you have 800x600 X in all its glory..
You may wish to examine the cheat codes closely as you may wish to invoke other options as well say a wheelmouse which is quite handy. You could invoke both options thusly
"knoppix screen=800x600 wheelmouse"
All the best, Dan
-
Remastered default?
Hi pankepasa
I think I may have misunderstood what you were asking with my previous response. If so I am sorry. I lost track of which forum that I was in. I thought I was responding to a usage as apposed to a customizing question..
All the best, Dan
-
Yeah, what I was looking for is how to remaster it so that the default
screen is the 800x600 screen. Then you could change it to 1024x768 with
the F2 and entering the properly cheatcode.
Thanks anyway 
Ramon
-
Senior Member
registered user
Hmm, havn't really looked a lot into how X-detection is done, but you could check out /usr/sbin/mkx86config (or something similar). as far as i know this generates the xf86config file.
Another way would be to edit syslinux.cfg in the boot.img, and change the default kernelparameters to always include the 800x600 option.
Hope this helps,
Alex
Similar Threads
-
By god in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 02-02-2008, 04:33 AM
-
By boge in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 5
Last Post: 09-02-2004, 11:33 PM
-
By meansbeans in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 07:21 PM
-
By brainstorm in forum The Lounge
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-08-2004, 06:49 AM
-
By mheight in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 12:54 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$39.99

D-Link DGS-1210-28P 28-Port PoE Gigabit Web Smart Switch With Cord
$49.99

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

TP-Link Omada SG3428 24-Port Gigabit L2+ Managed Switch 4x SFP w/ Ears
$99.99

~NIB~ Netgear GS728TPP-300NAS V3 24 PORT GIGABIT POE MNGD W. 4 SFP PORTS
$349.95

Extreme Networks 10GE X440-G2-24P-10GE4 16533 24Plus-Ports POE+ Switch UP
$127.00