Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Changing HDA1 settings without KDE........(newbie)

  1. #1

    Changing HDA1 settings without KDE........(newbie)

    Hi All,

    My system has not enough memory to install KDE, so I have to work with the I-forgat-the-name default desktop (which works also perfect BTW )
    Question: How do I make my HDA1 writeable when KDE is not present?

    Thanks in advance.

    Frits.

  2. #2
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    199

    Re: Changing HDA1 settings without KDE........(newbie)

    Quote Originally Posted by Frits Plotseling
    Hi All,

    My system has not enough memory to install KDE, so I have to work with the I-forgat-the-name default desktop (which works also perfect BTW )
    Question: How do I make my HDA1 writeable when KDE is not present?

    Thanks in advance.

    Frits.
    i believe the command would be


    $ sudo su
    $ umount /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1
    $ mount /dev/hda1 /mnt/hda1 -o uid=knoppix




    (i am probably wrong.... I use the HDD install and am used to the "normal" way things work..)

  3. #3

    Changing HDA1 settings without KDE

    Sorry "god",
    Thanks for responding, that's what God always does.javascript:emoticon(%27%3A!%3A%27)
    Pityfull that you don't know everything, because your tip didn't work.javascript:emoticon(%27%3A(%27)
    Not the real God I assume....
    Anyway, please try again.

    Thanks in advance,

    Frits.

  4. #4

    Changing HDA1 settings without KDE

    Problem solved.

Similar Threads

  1. script for changing /mnt/hda1 to /mnt
    By kennyng in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-2004, 03:12 AM
  2. Newbie wants settings saved
    By jMon54 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-19-2004, 08:26 PM
  3. Changing BIOS settings
    By clayfaris in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-24-2004, 04:43 PM
  4. general strategy for changing settings w/o hd install ?
    By chrsjav in forum General Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-12-2003, 04:49 PM
  5. Changing Settings
    By thedude in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 10-08-2003, 04:25 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Atari 800 XL 8-Bit Computer W/ Blue LED And S Video A/V Cable  picture

Atari 800 XL 8-Bit Computer W/ Blue LED And S Video A/V Cable

$155.00



Atari 1030 Modem, Adapter, 13-Pin S10 I/O Data Cables, Manual (attached). picture

Atari 1030 Modem, Adapter, 13-Pin S10 I/O Data Cables, Manual (attached).

$95.50



Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD picture

Happy 1050 Upgrade for Atari 1050 Disk Drive - Solderless Installation - HS/DD

$49.97



VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works picture

VTG Atari 600XL Home Computer System in Box ** Powers On ** Clean * Tested Works

$148.75



ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED picture

ATARI XF551 DISK DRIVE WITH AC POWER ADAPTER AND PARALLEL PORT ADAPTER, UNTESTED

$250.00



Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working picture

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working

$99.99



Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on picture

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on

$255.00



Vintage ATARI SF314 DS/DD 3.5

Vintage ATARI SF314 DS/DD 3.5" External Drive TESTED but can't read/write disks

$69.99



GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats picture

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats

$35.00



Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive Tested With All Cables Power And Data SIO In Box picture

Atari 1050 Floppy Disk Drive Tested With All Cables Power And Data SIO In Box

$200.00