Yep, just like Kano has done...but for knoppix. Check out http://kanotix.com/files/install-ker...rce-vanilla.sh
I tried every which way but right to emulate what he did on Kanotix for Knoppix with appropriate source and patches and failed miserably. I got kernels that boot but apps to compile didn't like them and I got probably another half of kernels that wouldn't boot.
I don't know what is so special about Kanotix (maybe not as much a reliance on init) compared to Knoppix - just can't do the same. I would happily pay for an OS as polished as Knoppix but with the scripts that work so well as they do on Kanotix. Why is it so hard to get kernel source in there and booting? Probably because Klaus is a genuis at mastering and created a live CD that wasn't meant for a HD install, it is just a sweet bonus. And then, Kano is a master at scripting and did optimize for a hd install. Common guys, work together! and you can rule
![]()

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99
NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99
Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99
TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99
10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99
TP-Link TL-SG2210P 10-Port Gigabit Smart Switch w/ 8-Port PoE+ NO AC SKU 25597
$36.98
Arista DCS-7050SX-64-R 48P 10GbE SFP+ 4P 40GbE QSFP+ RA Switch
$115.00
Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00
Linksys LGS328MPC 24-Port Managed Gigabit PoE+ Switch with 4 10G SFP+ Uplinks
$224.95
Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99