-
How to create boot floppies for 3.4?
I notice that the routines for creating boot floppies have changed from 3.3 to 3.4. I found a note stating that it should be easier now, but not how to actually create the floppies for knoppix 3.4.
How do I do that? I have access to both windows and linux, but am interested in how to create floppies from both systems.
Thank you in advance! / f =)
-
Smart boot manager is handy'er to have than a bunch of floppies dedicated thier respective CD.
-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
softwaretester
Smart boot manager is handy'er to have than a bunch of floppies dedicated thier respective CD.
Any suggestions to the original posters request? I also need a boot floppy disk, not a partition manager.
-

Originally Posted by
softwaretester
Smart boot manager is handy'er to have than a bunch of floppies dedicated thier respective CD.
Been there, done that. Didn't work. =)
The thing is that sbm does not work on my obscure laptop (Supra 5026, a p166 from the stonage). I tried various boot managers in general, either they do not recognise the cd or do not load at all.
As mentioned, I read somewhere (cant find it again though) that the move to isolinux in 3.4 was partially to make it possible to have two boot floppies (for 2.6 kernels). So, I really do believe that there is some way to create those floppies. The question remains. How?
-
Junior Member
registered user
I would like to know this as well. I tried a boot disk from 3.3, and while that will boot Knoppix it leaves a list of errors and unrecognized hardware in its wake. (Most noticeable is my internet connection.) There must be some way to make a floppy, but I remain mystified. Any help would be appreciated...
-
Senior Member
registered user
Answered ...
Hi,
answered in:
http://knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.p...cf7fab6774f0bf
please discuss the solution there.
cu
Fabian
PS: Closed to avoid duplicates.
Similar Threads
-
By OP4Latino in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-25-2005, 07:22 AM
-
By tuds47 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 04-01-2005, 11:02 AM
-
By crhoff in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 01-11-2005, 09:13 PM
-
By rodragon in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-14-2004, 03:55 AM
-
By Blue in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-02-2003, 05:55 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00

Dell PowerEdge FC430 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2630v4 20 Cores FX2 FX2s No RAM/HDD
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99

NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB
$149.99

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5ââ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays
$799.99

Cisco B200 M3 2x E5-2670V2 10 Core 8x 16GB-128GB Ram Blade Server VIC1240 14900R
$399.00

LOT (8) Cisco UCS UCSB-B200-M5 2x6248R 24 core 3.0G 24x64g DDR4-2933 ram
$112000.00

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60