-
apt-get after knoppix-installer on 3.4
I got knoppix installed perty painlessly on my HD now and am not used to debian based systems, but know a little about apt-get. I did apt-get update and then apt-get upgrade to get all my installed packages uptodate. After the upgrade i get the following message.
I dont really know what it's trying to tell me. Anyone know? Also is there a basic guide to how apt-get works and how i should use it with knoppix. Debian has always interested me just the installers seamed to be too complicated. with knoppix it's very straight forward 
Thanx for the help.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Bfc,
Yep, I've seen it, and I used to get the same thing. I hard drive installed Knoppix v3.3, and my first apt-get update came up with "pretty close" to the same results...
If you look at the "man apt-get" from a konsole prompt, you will find that apt uses the /etc/apt/sources.list file to know where and what to get from... All of the locations that are being hit, ignored, and in some of your cases, "permanently moved", are all listed in that file...
What I ended up doing, was keeping the list of what you have in your post viewable, editing the /etc/apt/sources.list file, and placing a "#" in front of the permanently moved, and the not found entries. Then saving the file, and exiting. Then try another apt-get update to see if you got them all. My apt-get is now cleaned out of those entries, by the use of commenting them out.
I know, its a pain, but it makes for faster, and nicer looking apt-get's 
Cuddles
-
Senior Member
registered user
An alternate method is to edit the /etc/apt/sources.list and change all of the
http://ftp.us.debian.org lines to read http://ftp.de.debian.org. That's a german mirror but it should work without giving you problems. If you comment out the faulty mirrors, you'll reduce the amount of packages available to download and update, so I find it better to change the mirrors as needed so I can continue to get all of the updates I want/need.
-
thanx, worked great, now if i could get 3d acceleration with my 9700
3 hours+ trying to just install graphix drivers just isnt right.
-
bfc, try this site for details on howto get ati drivers running.
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.sta...installer.html
Similar Threads
-
By jonli in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 02-15-2006, 11:51 PM
-
By jjbergdolt in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 12
Last Post: 06-21-2005, 05:57 PM
-
By A. Jorge Garcia in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 11
Last Post: 12-24-2004, 03:59 PM
-
By ValhallaSystems in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-25-2004, 06:36 PM
-
By CrashedAgain in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-07-2003, 11:31 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$75.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

NVME M.2 Adapter Card PCIE X16 Splitter Expansion Controller 4-Disk Soft RAID
$24.43

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

Vintage Promise EIDEMAX Enhanced IDE Disk Controller ISA Non-RAID Card Boxed
$34.99