-
knoppix for kids mounted something incorrectly?
Synopsis: trying to setup a dual boot with 2 hard drives. 1 for windows, 1 for linux. linux partially installed with swap and linux partitions initialized: up until the mbr.
There were a pile of knoppix for kids cd in the schools computer lab. I was curious about linux, so I took one. At the same time I was playing around with Debian. I had a initialized swap and a ext2 linux partition, but Debian wasn't entirely installed. I wasn't sure about the last few parts of the installation, so i quit the installer. Hearing about how Knoppix doesn't touch the hardware on the system, I decided to put the Knoppix for Kids cd in to see what linux was like. The problem is that after everything autoconfigure, with all the colorful text detecting components, the screen went blank. With the screen just blank, there was not way to correct shutdown the computer. So I turned off the power switch in the back. The next time the computer booted up, the windows partition became noticeably slower. I could hear the hard drive clicking as it was searching for something. So I asked some friends, one of them heard of about knoppix for kids mounting partitions read-write instead of just read only or something? But he didn't have many more details. I think knoppix for kids mounted one or both of the partitions and didn't umount them. Searching google for similar problems yeilded nothing. I am hoping someone can help.
Similar Threads
-
By david7035 1 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 14
Last Post: 03-24-2007, 11:33 AM
-
By elephant in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-21-2005, 09:32 AM
-
By cptdondo in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 12-26-2004, 06:28 PM
-
By Calman in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-23-2003, 03:36 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 02-07-2003, 06:39 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Dell PowerEdge R730XD 28 Core Server 2X Xeon E5-2680 V4 H730 32GB RAM No HDD
$378.93

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores / 64gb / Raid / 2x 1Tb
$374.99

Dell PowerEdge R240 Intel Xeon E-2224 3.50GHz 8GB DDR4 ECC NO HDD 250W
$285.97

Dell Poweredge R810 4x Xeon X7560 2.26ghz 32-Cores | 256GB | 3x Trays | H700
$289.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Core | HBA330 | No RAM or HDD
$149.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2680 v3 | 32gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$409.99

Dell PowerEdge C4130 1U AI GPU Server | 2x E5-2690 v3 | 64gb Ram | 2x 1600W
$524.99

Dell PowerEdge R530 2x E5-2630v4 H330 iDRAC8 Port Card Riser No PSU/RAM/HDD
$99.99

Dell Poweredge R630 2x Xeon E5-2680 v3 2.5ghz 24-Cores | 32gb | HBA330 | 2x 1...
$324.99