-
Senior Member
registered user
eris, this was the topic of one of my very first posts, http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtop...ghlight=#38272
No one had responded on this or another forum and loads of googling had brought up nothing. Most of the search results brought up a common bug with KDE of moving the icons randomly or losing them. Judging from screenshots at places like KDE Look, a lot of people just keep them there on the left. I just went poking around the system for days looking for "desktop" or "icons" anything and came upon that "sorticons.desktop" in the autostart folder. I tried renaming and it worked and I never had a problem. Since then I just delete the bugger straight off. but you may want to play safe and rename it.
You may need to become root to delete or rename it - that is the way I always do it and I guess there is a reason for it. I just forget what the reason is
Similar Threads
-
By michael7 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-07-2005, 05:26 AM
-
By oldgeezer in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 05-24-2004, 06:46 AM
-
By Tortoise in forum Ideas
Replies: 3
Last Post: 08-01-2003, 01:33 AM
-
By Davamundo in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 06-09-2003, 07:43 PM
-
By skyconcert in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-20-2002, 05:19 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Ubuntu Server 26.04.1 LTS Bootable USB Flash Drive – Latest September 2026
$12.99

Sun Enterprise e450 400mhz cpu(x4), 4gb ram, 9gb HD w/spud most complete on ebay
$500.00

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN
$115.00

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC
$175.00

1U Rackmount PC Intel Core i5-2520M 8GB RAM 500GB HDD Ubuntu Linux Server
$109.99

Microsoft SQL Server 2019 Enterprise 40 Core Unlimited CAL Retail License FPP
$299.00

All New Ubuntu 26.04 LTS Linux Bootable USB Flash Drive
$15.95

Linux 5.2 The Complete Redhat Operating System Deluxe Secure Server 3 CD Book
$37.49

SQL Server 2022 Enterprise 96 Core License & DVD Unlimited CALs with CoA
$284.99

🏆BEST VPN IPVANISH🌐Premium 2027 ✅ Active Subsсriрtiоn⚠️Digital Fast Delivery🔥
$12.99