-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: floppyconfig easy on Knoppix 3.3, not so on Knoppix 3.4

Originally Posted by
lothario
My BIOS does not allow me to set "boot from CDROM".
But I did not need a boot floppy With KNOPPIX 3.3 because it somehow booted from my CDROM.
After what appears like some kind of a timeout, KNOPPIX 3.3 would boot from
the CDROM. So I had to wait for the timeout but I was happy.
Now with Knoppix 3.4 there is no timeout. It just does not boot from the CDROM at all.
The only way to force a CDROM boot was to use the boot.img from 3.3 CD to
create a boot floppy. (Why does 3.4 not contain this boot.img ??)
Now the system boots from the floppy which then invokes the CDROM and KNOPPIX 3.4 starts to bootup.
Ok, I can live with that.
With 3.3 it was possible to do "knoppix floppyconfig"
With 3.4 it is not so simple to do "knoppix floppyconfig" because:
1. The boot floppy is full with all it boot files.
2. So I have to have a second floppy with the floppyconfig data.
3. But then I have to swap the boot floppy with the 2nd floppy when I see the 3.4 "boot:" prompt.
4. This is not easy because the boot prompt itself does not have a long timeout. So if I am late then I have to reboot.
Any suggestions on how I can still do a floppyconfig or something similar without these gymnastics?
I do not have USB ports or hard disks on this computer.
Sounds like fun I would hit the F2 key when you get to the opening screen then you have all the time in the world to switch floppies and type in the cheat code.
Similar Threads
-
By psunga in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-21-2004, 05:55 PM
-
By IdroJ in forum General Support
Replies: 4
Last Post: 09-28-2003, 02:44 PM
-
By holzhey in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 9
Last Post: 08-07-2003, 09:31 AM
-
By probono in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 7
Last Post: 04-11-2003, 05:51 AM
-
Replies: 0
Last Post: 12-23-2002, 03:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

INTEL CORE I7-870 SLBJG 2.93GHZ LGA1156 4 CORE CPU PROCESSOR
$23.00

INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99

Intel Core Ultra 7 265K 3.9GHz LGA 1851 Processor
$249.99

AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99

Intel i7-8700 Coffee Lake 3.2GHz 6-Core Max Turbo 4.6GHz Processor
$67.99

Intel Core i7-9700 Octa-Core 3 GHz Desktop Processor LGA 1151
$79.99

Intel Core i9-9900K SRG19 3.60GHz 16MB 8-Core LGA1151 B Grade CPU Processor
$175.00

LAST BATCH *Brand New-Sealed* AMD Ryzen 9 9950X3D2 Dual Ed. 4.3GHz 16Core AM5
$768.00