Results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: HOWTO? ssh start at boot-up

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256

    HOWTO? ssh start at boot-up

    I just set-up a QUANTIAN cluster on my LAN. I'd like for

    /etc/init.d/openmosix restart
    /etc/init.d/ssh start


    to run at boot-up. How do I accomplish this?

    Right now I have to go into each hdd installed QUANTIAN node and start both services as root after boot-up. This is a hassle for 25 nodes! Also, this is a dual boot lab where other teachers use WIMxP, so I'm constantly having to boot-up Linux for my students....

    TIA,
    AJG

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Not sure about restarting, perhaps you can put the line "/etc/init.d/openmosix restart " at the end in /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh
    For ssh you can do "update-rc.d ssh defaults", add a startupnumber after defaults if you want to specify this.

  3. #3
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    bootmisc.sh is the place to put what you want run at boot time? I thought it was somewhere else, I just forget where....

    Regards,
    AJG

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    1,323
    Probably not, it's just the place where to put things you want started late.
    Just running things can be done with update-rc.d, I just don't know about restarting. Someone else probably will.
    In the meantime, adding the line there should work to get you out of the hassle until you find a better place for restarting it.

    Just my €/50

  5. #5
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    Long Island, NY, USA
    Posts
    1,256
    OK, I'll try it when I get back to work on Monday!

    Thanx,
    AJG

Similar Threads

  1. Newbie - howto boot with out x11
    By astranberg in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-10-2005, 04:15 AM
  2. Howto to Start Knoppix ISO with PXE from LAN?
    By tiny in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-28-2005, 12:20 AM
  3. Can anyone help out howto start login screen once system up?
    By jzhai in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-04-2004, 05:10 PM
  4. Howto start progams on boot?
    By pelican in forum General Support
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-13-2004, 03:23 AM
  5. [HOWTO] How to boot a chroot directory ...
    By Fabianx in forum Ideas
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-05-2003, 01:52 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray picture

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray

$39.99



Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5

Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A

$64.00



DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5

DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600

$49.95



Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5

Seagate ST500DM009 BarraCuda 500 GB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive

$14.99



HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%) picture

HGST HUA723030ALA640 3TB SATA 7200 RPM 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | 0F14044 (100%)

$45.00



2TB Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 7200RPM SATA 6Gbps 64MB Cache 3.5

2TB Seagate Barracuda ST2000DM001 7200RPM SATA 6Gbps 64MB Cache 3.5" HDD

$39.95



Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE picture

Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE

$68.99



HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5

HGST HUS724040ALA640 HDD 4TB SATA 6Gb/s 7.5K 3.5" 0F19459 512 b/s

$78.00



Seagate Constellation ES.3 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | ST2000NM0033 picture

Seagate Constellation ES.3 3.5 in Enterprise HDD | ST2000NM0033

$40.00



Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5

Seagate ST12000NM0127 12TB 256MB 7200RPM 3.5" SATA 6.0Gb/s Enterprise Hard Drive

$318.99