Not sure about restarting, perhaps you can put the line "/etc/init.d/openmosix restart " at the end in /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh
For ssh you can do "update-rc.d ssh defaults", add a startupnumber after defaults if you want to specify this.
I just set-up a QUANTIAN cluster on my LAN. I'd like for
/etc/init.d/openmosix restart
/etc/init.d/ssh start
to run at boot-up. How do I accomplish this?
Right now I have to go into each hdd installed QUANTIAN node and start both services as root after boot-up. This is a hassle for 25 nodes! Also, this is a dual boot lab where other teachers use WIMxP, so I'm constantly having to boot-up Linux for my students....
TIA,
AJG
Not sure about restarting, perhaps you can put the line "/etc/init.d/openmosix restart " at the end in /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh
For ssh you can do "update-rc.d ssh defaults", add a startupnumber after defaults if you want to specify this.
bootmisc.sh is the place to put what you want run at boot time? I thought it was somewhere else, I just forget where....
Regards,
AJG
Probably not, it's just the place where to put things you want started late.
Just running things can be done with update-rc.d, I just don't know about restarting. Someone else probably will.
In the meantime, adding the line there should work to get you out of the hassle until you find a better place for restarting it.
Just my €/50
OK, I'll try it when I get back to work on Monday!
Thanx,
AJG

Samsung PM961 512GB PCIe Gen 3x4 NVMe 2280 M.2 SSD MZVLW512HMJP-000D1
$60.00
Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$60.00
Samsung 870 EVO 4TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD (MZ-77E4T0B/AM)
$310.00
New Samsung 512GB FIT Plus USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A Flash Drive MUF-512AB/AM NEW
$120.00
Samsung 8GB DDR5 5600MHz SODIMM Laptop RAM PC5-44800 CL46 M425R1GB4BB0-CWM
$99.99
Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$119.99
Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99
Kids Case for Samsung Galaxy Tab A9+/A9 plus 11 Inch 2023 Case, with Strap, Shoc
$27.99
Samsung Chromebook 4 11.6" HD, N4000, 6GB, 64GB EMMC, Platinum Titan
$165.00
NEW Samsung NoteBook NT930QCG touch LCD Full Screen Assembly Blue
$225.77