-
usb-harddisk boot
Hy,
I just dreamed about one thing: I could copy the whole knoppix-cd to my external usb-harddisc (120GB). Perhaps I would extract it. And then, I could boot from it on every PC with a USB-Connector via a normal bootdisc. This Disc sould search all the usb-connectors for a usb-device and try to load it.
Is this possible?
Thanks
TO
-
Senior Member
registered user
search the forum. if i am not all wrong it has been done. for firewire aswell.
here is one candidate. there are more i think.
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5257
-
the problem will be, that all the descriptions are for <3.4 and I want to use 3.4! Any suggestions? Perhaps I should wait for someone with more knowledge doing it!
-
Senior Member
registered user
The best solution would be to remaster the CD, as described at http://modperl.com:9000/x200/knoppix/. However, that looks a touch complicated, and I don't have enough experience to try it yet :(
Check out this thread http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6463 where 'Tinker' describes how to do more or less what you want to do (the difference is that knoppix is installed to the hdd and not just copied and run from the hdd). It is for 3.3, but it does work and I've been doing this for a while now. Soon I'll be trying out the technique with 3.4.
HTH
Similar Threads
-
By lissyx in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 14
Last Post: 10-17-2005, 07:38 PM
-
By tpw in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 05-09-2005, 03:51 AM
-
By Fabrice in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 11:39 PM
-
By winglion in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 6
Last Post: 11-07-2004, 08:54 AM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-25-2004, 06:45 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

NEW Cisco Meraki MS130-48P-HW 48-Port Gigabit PoE+ Cloud Manage Switch UNCLAIMED
$2999.99

Cisco Acacia DP04QSDD-E25-840 400G QSFP-DD Coherent DCO Transceiver Module
$699.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99

Cisco Catalyst C9130AXI-B WiFi 6 802.11ax Wireless Access Point Brand New
$101.99

Cisco Nexus N9K-C92160YC-X 48P 25GbE SFP28 6P QSFP+/QSFP28 PE Switch
$439.00

Cisco C9300-48UXM-A Switch 9300 Series 48-port UPoE Network
$874.99

New Sealed Cisco GLC-LH-SMD 1000BASE-LX/LH SFP Transceiver Module *US
$17.00

Cisco | N3K-C3232C | 32-Port 100G QSFP Network Switch W/ 2x PSU, 2x Power Cords
$240.00

Cisco Catalyst C9120AXI-B Wi-Fi 6 Access Points
$30.00

NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00