-
How to prevent Knoppix from reporting insufficient RAM?
Hi There,
I am using Knoppix for a quiet server/controller PC working in TXT mode only (runlevel 3).
The problem I have is that I have only 48MB RAM and every time I boot, Knoppix complains about it and asks for confirmation (need to press Enter). This is not acceptable for me since I need to have the machine boot up automatically after any power failure.
So, the question: is there any cheat-code or any other way to prevent this message from appearing or going over it after a timeout (I waited for 1 minute and it didn't time-out, so I assume it waits for Enter)?
Thanks for any hint
-
Senior Member
registered user
as it is a server i assume a hddinstall.
create a swapfile or a swap partition and add it to /etc/fstab
you might try to boot in text only mode, that wil reduce the amount of ram needed.
hmm perhaps never start a few things not needed (like auomounter and so).
-

Originally Posted by
OErjan
as it is a server i assume a hddinstall.
create a swapfile or a swap partition and add it to /etc/fstab
you might try to boot in text only mode, that wil reduce the amount of ram needed.
hmm perhaps never start a few things not needed (like auomounter and so).
Well, actually it is not a classic server. It is supposed to run without any HD. I know very well that, when I have any HD with a swap partition, Knoppix will simply use it without any complaints. That is fine. But I do not have the HD and still want the PC to boot completely without my intervention. Is it possible?
Similar Threads
-
By rduke15 in forum Networking
Replies: 4
Last Post: 02-07-2005, 06:07 AM
-
By sopinon in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 01-13-2005, 12:06 AM
-
By schrippe in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 06-14-2004, 01:47 PM
-
By Noclaf in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-30-2003, 05:57 PM
-
By TOM in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 06-07-2003, 03:09 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

INTEL XEON E5-2680V4 SR2N7 2.40GHZ CPU
$11.00

Dell Precision Tower 7810 Xeon E5-2630 v3 @ 2.40GHz , 32GB Ram, NO HDD, NO OS
$239.99

Dell Precision T7820 2x Xeon Silver 4114 2.20GHz 950W No RAM GPU HDD 4x SATA
$350.48

Dell EMC PowerEdge R440 Xeon silver 4215 2.5GHz 16 GB ram 2x 550W PSU No HDD
$275.00

Dell Precision T5820 Workstation 3.70GHz W-2135 No RAM/ GPU/ HDD/ OS
$179.98

Intel Xeon E5-2699 V4 2.20GHz 55M 22-CORES LGA2011-3 Server Processor 145W SR2JS
$84.49

DELL Precision 5820 Workstation Xeon W-2123 3.6ghz/NO RAM/NO SSD/P400 Vid
$139.99

Genuine Intel Xeon W-2145 3.70Ghz 8 Cores LGA2066 CPU SR3LQ Tested USA SELLER
$94.94

Intel Xeon Phi 5110P 60-Core 1.053GHz Coprocessor
$50.00

Dell PowerEdge FX2s + 8x FC430 Blades 16x E5-2630v4 160 Cores Rails No PSU/RAM
$699.00