-
More info on the same issue...
I am working on a friend's DELL Latitude CPx J650GT (BIOS Version A08)
I also get:
<pre>
Scanning for USB/Firewire devices... Done.
Enabling DMA acceleration for: hda [FUJITSU MHK2120AT]
Enabling DMA acceleration for: hdc [SAMSUNG CD-ROM SN-124]
Looking for CDROM in: /dev/scd0 <blink>_</blink>
</pre>
And then just a flashing cursor.
One time I did something (I don't know what I pressed!) and it moved on to hdc, but it still didn't find the CDROM.
When I boot using failsafe it mounts the CDROM fine from hdc
I don't know whether it's the Samsung CDROM that's having the DMA problem, or just the way the DELL BIOS handles it.
If I boot with:
<pre>
knoppix26 nodma
</pre>
It gets through OK, but then it also hangs right after:
<pre>
Starting advanced power management daemon: apmd[PID]: apmd 3.2.1 interfacing with apm driver 1.16ac and APM BIOS 1.2 apmd.
APM Bios found, power management functions enabled.
</pre>
It then won't switch off unless I disconnect the power.
It seems that this is where it's doing the PCMCIA detection, which is a bit naughty, because it hasn't yet put anything on screen to warn you it's probing for PCMCIA at this stage.
I tried to boot with:
<pre>
knoppix26 nodma nopcmcia
</pre>
(& the other options I need) - this works perfectly! :o)
I hope this helps someone!
John Harrison
Similar Threads
-
By sstathakis in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-05-2004, 05:11 PM
-
By rrfish72 in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 09-05-2004, 04:03 PM
-
By ivansv1 in forum General Support
Replies: 13
Last Post: 01-09-2004, 12:00 PM
-
By Buchwald in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 05-02-2003, 07:51 PM
-
By Koga in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-11-2003, 12:07 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

SanDisk Ultra Luxe USB 3.1 Flash Drive – 5 Pack | Premium Metal USB Flash Drives
$59.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

Wholesale 5/10/100PCS 1MB- 64GB USB 2.0 Flash Drive Memory Stick Jump Drive Lot
$280.00

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99