Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: I need a driver for my printer.

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5

    I need a driver for my printer.

    Hi to all. After 4 days of trying to install Knoppix 3.3 onto my HDD (I didnt know cmd sudo knoppix-installer ), finally I did it today. I was very happy until I saw that Knoppix does not have a driver for my printer and modem. The printer is Canon LBP-810 (Canon Laser Beam Printer 810, on the USB 1.1 port). I can not find driver on the Canon web site (sofware.canon-europe.com). I do not know howto write drivers, so I ask you for ur help. Does any1 have a driver for this printer (and how can I install it, anyway)?

    Thanx for ur help,
    MPenza

  2. #2
    Member registered user
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    55
    Have you tried configuring it from Knoppix to see if there are CUPS drivers already loaded to support it?

    According to the information here: http://www.linuxprinting.org/show_pr...=Canon-LBP-800, you may be out of luck. Looks like it's a WinPrinter with no/limited Linux support.

    Sorry,

    Robert

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    5
    Ok. I understand that. Thanx for ur help.

    MPenza

  4. #4
    Senior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    436
    If you would pay for a driver, you may install a turboprint-driver. They take about 25$ for the driver.

    My canon-3000-bjc isn't supported too. Priniting from my laptop I got a big banner on my printing 'Buy a license key'.
    On the desktop-system It worked without such a banner.
    Surprising.
    Now I copied the settings from the desktop to the laptop and no banner too.
    Perhaps there is only a random-banner?
    Or it depended on the format - in the first time I printed directly from openOffice.
    Later - without the banner - I exported my letter to pdf, and printed it with:

    knoLi-2.6.5# > lpr letter.pdf

    Perhaps it depended only on the file-format.
    Since I print about 2 pages per month, I'm not willing to pay 25 bucks. If I had an office I would.
    And the next time I buy a printer I look to linux-hardware-support first

Similar Threads

  1. Printer driver petition
    By tdjokic in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-01-2005, 12:06 PM
  2. Symlink for a printer driver
    By asearle in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-16-2005, 10:02 PM
  3. printer driver
    By rocker452 in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-16-2004, 04:40 AM
  4. I need a printer driver.
    By sethosayher in forum Hardware & Booting
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-11-2004, 08:13 PM
  5. Extracting CD printer driver to HD Linux
    By TomPittman in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-30-2004, 01:34 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 8-Core Atom C3758 2.2GHz 8GB DDR4 64GB SSD 8x NIC QAT AES VPN

$125.00



pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN picture

pfSense Firewall 16-Core Atom C3958 8GB DDR4 RAM 64GB SSD 8x 1Gbe QAT AES-NI VPN

$184.99



Unfi Security Gateway Pro picture

Unfi Security Gateway Pro

$170.00



OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN picture

OPNsense pfSense 16-Core Atom C3958 16GB ECC RAM 512GB SSD 8-Port QAT AES-NI VPN

$258.00



Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN picture

Fortinet FortiGate 60F FG-60F UTM UTP License Until 2027 Network Security FW VPN

$219.99



Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance picture

Fortinet FortiGate 80E 12 Ports Firewall Appliance

$20.25



OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC picture

OPNsense Firewall VPN QAT 8-Core Atom C3758 2.20GHz 16GB DDR4 128GB SSD 8xNIC

$175.00



Firewalla Gold Plus 2.5GbE Firewall Router – Excellent Condition picture

Firewalla Gold Plus 2.5GbE Firewall Router – Excellent Condition

$435.00



SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED picture

SonicWall TZ280 Firewall 03-SSC-6933 Advanced Edition 3YR NEW SEALED

$999.99



Netgate SG-1100 firewall picture

Netgate SG-1100 firewall

$140.00