Is this a debian or knoppix style install?
If debian, check in "Control Center -> System Administration -> Login Manager -> Convenience" if you have "Automatic Login" checked.
OK - I must be missing something!![]()
I did the "adduser" bit for my two sons, giving them a user name and password. My hope was to reboot the computer and they would need to "log in" to be able to use my computer.
NOT!![]()
It still goes directly to (without passing GO) the "Knoppix" user!![]()
Now, I don't mind being called "Knoppix", just don't call me late for dinner! But I don't want my boys (9 and 10) to have the same access I have. I also don't want them modifying my documents...
This is a hard drive install from a live CD. And YES, the installation did ask me for a USER name and password during install. What happend to THAT user???
!!!!HELP!!!! (Didn't want to yell)
Is this a debian or knoppix style install?
If debian, check in "Control Center -> System Administration -> Login Manager -> Convenience" if you have "Automatic Login" checked.
This is a Knoppix install from the live CD ver 3.3
I've only done debian style installs where adding users is no problem.
I don't know if you can add users with a knoppix style install? I remeber seeing something about it on this forum, but can't remember where![]()

Yealink T48S VoIP/SIP Phone, 2 x Gigabit Ports PoE 7" Color SIP-T48S | TESTED
$34.95
Grandstream VoIP Phone Adapter ATA 1-Line Black Ethernet (RJ-45) Micro USB
$27.07
SIM Bank 32 SIM Card Slots Ethernet SIM Server for GoIP
$600.00
Grandstream WP810 Portable Cordless Wi-Fi IP Phone
$49.28
Cisco/Linksys SPA2102 VoIP Phone Adapter Router 2FXS (Unlocked)
$17.99
Cisco / Linksys SPA2102 VoIP 2FXS Phone Adapter with Router (unlocked)
$18.99
YEASTAR MODEL TA2400 NEOGATE VOIP ANALOG FXS GATEWAY WITH 24 CHANNEL PHONE/FAX
$250.00
Cisco CP-8875-K9 Video Phone 8875 IP Desk Phone Bluetooth Wi-Fi - Brand NEW
$399.99
Poly CCX 400 Desktop Business Media Phone VoIP 2200-49700-019
$49.99
Cisco CP-8841 IP Phone Charcoal Handset And Stand Included
$27.99