You do not have an /etc/fstab file in your remaster's filesystem because hardware detection has not been run, so you won't be able to mount drives very easily. It's better if you use a terminal that is not chrooted in order to copy files into your remastered filesystem. Some things are easier to do outside the chroot and some must be done inside it.

cp /mnt/hda#/some/file /mnt/hda#/my/remastered/filesystem



to copy the .files if they are getting missed-

cp -R /etc/skel/.* /home/knoppix



you can

ls -al /home/knoppix

to see all files in that directory (including the hidden files)




This is why when I'm done with editing the configurations in X, I move the original /etc/skel somewhere else and then rename /home/knoppix to /etc/skel. That way I know everything is there in /etc/skel, and that /home/knoppix no longer exists. Then I chown it back to root.

mv /my/remaster's/etc/skel /mnt/hda#/skel.bak (done outside chroot)

mv /home/knoppix /etc/skel (done inside chroot)

chown -R root /etc/skel (done inside chroot)



And the last trick is the 45xsession script. This script controls just which configurations in /etc/skel will get put in /home/knoppix when you actually boot off your remastered CD. So if a configuration for some program or some part of KDE is not listed in the lines of the script that do this, then the remastered CD will not use those configurations.



It's not too hard, but it has taken me weeks sometimes to sort it out and get it working right.