-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
nvgringo
First of all thanks again for taking your time to help.
But I dont think that you understand the problem that I am having. It does not matter which desktop I try to use KDE is the only one that will come up. If I choose fluxbox as a cheat code at startup KDE starts. If I use Fabians restart X script and choose GNOME. X restarts with KDE. I could understand If the WM started up without the changed settings. but they are not starting at all. Just KDE. The settings in KDE saved just fine by the way.
Also if I want to use Synaptic in the chroot enviroment with X running do I have to set up a root password? If I do have to set up a root can I remove it before burning the remaster?
Have I used up all of my questions yet

That's pretty strange. I have never had that soprt of problem with the desktop cheatcodes. Perhaps it's you lingering .xinitrc file in /etc/skel. You could remove it without causing any problems.
I hesitate to mess with the root account since I managed to break being able to su without a password just by trying to adjust some things in the KDE control center. So in my remaster, you always have to "sudo su" instead of just "su". Passwords are in /etc/passwd. You could blank out the root password when you're done and it should go back to the way it was. Is using apt-get from the command-line that much of a hassle?
Similar Threads
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 02:09 AM
-
By gursharnsingh in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 09:38 PM
-
By vi.tan.gr in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-29-2003, 07:53 AM
-
By rdmelin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-20-2003, 02:27 PM
-
By sminotti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00

Intel Core i7-9700 3.0 GHz Octo-Core (SRG13) Processor
$79.00

Intel Core i5-4590T 2 GHz 5 GT/s LGA 1150 Desktop CPU Processor SR1S6
$10.99

PS5 Over Heating Problem Solver 1.5 Grams Liquid metal thermal paste CPU, GPU
$15.99

Intel Core i7-9700 SRG13 3.0 GHz Desktop CPU
$80.00

Intel SRG17 Core i7-9700T Desktop Processor CPU
$79.99

Intel Core i7-6700 Processor (3.40 GHz, 4 Cores, LGA 1151) - SR2L2
$34.99

Intel Core i7-4790 3.6 GHz 4th Gen 4 Cores 8 Threads Desktop CPU SR1QF
$39.95

Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00

INTEL CORE I9-10980XE PROCESSOR | 3.00GHZ | SRGSG
$299.99