-
Senior Member
registered user

Originally Posted by
CrashedAgain

Originally Posted by
pokemontel
The problem is that its say that I can't run kde . not enough memory...
FYI, I'm using 2GB of memory. I had check using top on the parents directory and still got lots of available memory.
I have had this happen also. It seems to occur when 45xsession script is unable to sucessfully open any window manager. Possibly it is using up all available memory trying to start kde which then shows as a low memory situation, it doesn't actually mean you need more memory but instead something is wrong with your start kde setup. The memory check is at the very end of the 45xsession script.
I was not successful trying to get x to start in chrooted environment, I've given up & am having more success remastering starting from a Knoppix-style HD install.
I have just had this error occur again, the cause was that /home/knoppix got deleted, then when KDE tried to start it couldn't find the settings to start dcopserver. It thrashed around for a bit & eventually ended up giving the 'not enough memory' error & dumping me into TWM. So, another thing to check is the .hidden files in your /home/user directory.
Similar Threads
-
By garyng in forum General Support
Replies: 7
Last Post: 12-21-2004, 02:09 AM
-
By gursharnsingh in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 2
Last Post: 01-15-2004, 09:38 PM
-
By vi.tan.gr in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 08-29-2003, 07:53 AM
-
By rdmelin in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 4
Last Post: 08-20-2003, 02:27 PM
-
By sminotti in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 2
Last Post: 08-07-2003, 07:46 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

JUNIPER NETWORKS MIST AI AP63-US HIGH PERFORMANCE OUTDOOR ACCESS POINT - WHITE
$59.99

Juniper Networks EX2300-48P 48-Port Gigabit PoE Managed Ethernet Switch
$79.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p
$89.99

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99

Juniper Networks EX4400-24X
$3250.00

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper Networks SRX220 8-Port Gigabit Layer 3 Managed Rackmount RJ-45 USB
$285.00

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97