-
Junior Member
registered user
KDE System Notification sounds
Why do my KDE System Notification sounds work when I log in as root but not as user? Everything I have checked is set up the same way in both.
-
Junior Member
registered user
Here is more info if it helps. I found one difference between my user settings and root settings. In the root settings the "Run with the highest priority (realtime priority)" box is checked in the Control Center>Sound system settings. If I try to check this box logged in with my username I get a message saying "Impossible to start aRts with realtime priority because artswrapper is missing or disabled". Artswrapper is not missing. If it's disabled how do I enable it?
-
I've been having the same problem. I did find a work-around on the KDE website. On the System Notifacation page of Control Center, select Player Settings. Use /user/bin/artsplay as the external player. Works for me!
-
Junior Member
registered user
Thanks for the reply. This works for me too!
-
Senior Member
registered user
no system sounds all of a sudden? ? ?
My system sounds were working fine up until a day or so ago.....everything appears normal, the "test sound" button works but no sounds!! My cd's play OK....there is sound from speakers.....i tried the above fix but still does not work! any other ideas? ? ? ?
Similar Threads
-
By bigrobot in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 03-12-2005, 01:52 AM
-
By lestat730 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 8
Last Post: 01-20-2005, 07:05 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Fujinet 1.7.1 Atari 400 800 800XL 130XE 65XE XEGS Assembled, Tested, Working
$99.99

Atari 1010 Cassette Recorder/Player, Power Adapter. Partial function.
$42.00

Atari 400 / 800 Computer Memory Module 16K RAM PCB CX853 - Works Perfectly
$18.95

Atari 130 XE/Atari 1050 Bundle W/ Cords And Extras (Powered On)
$300.00

Atari 800XL Home Computer 64K RAM in Original Box 1984 Olympic Edition Untested
$149.99

atari 400 Upgraded 48k board & mpp-1100 working & Power Supply
$109.65

Broken Indus GT Floppy Disk Drive for Atari
$129.99

Atari 1200 XL home computer with original owners guide and power supply power on
$255.00

GreaseWeazle v4 board USB floppy drive adapter Retro All Formats
$35.00

DEFECTIVE Atari 810 Vintage Computer Disk Drive powers on Unit Only Boo G3D
$49.29