Why do my KDE System Notification sounds work when I log in as root but not as user? Everything I have checked is set up the same way in both.
Why do my KDE System Notification sounds work when I log in as root but not as user? Everything I have checked is set up the same way in both.
Here is more info if it helps. I found one difference between my user settings and root settings. In the root settings the "Run with the highest priority (realtime priority)" box is checked in the Control Center>Sound system settings. If I try to check this box logged in with my username I get a message saying "Impossible to start aRts with realtime priority because artswrapper is missing or disabled". Artswrapper is not missing. If it's disabled how do I enable it?
I've been having the same problem. I did find a work-around on the KDE website. On the System Notifacation page of Control Center, select Player Settings. Use /user/bin/artsplay as the external player. Works for me!![]()
Thanks for the reply. This works for me too!
My system sounds were working fine up until a day or so ago.....everything appears normal, the "test sound" button works but no sounds!! My cd's play OK....there is sound from speakers.....i tried the above fix but still does not work! any other ideas? ? ? ?![]()

Lot 100 SK hynix 16GB 2Rx8 PC4-23400 DDR4-2933Y ECC Reg Server Memory RDIMM RAM
$9599.00
128GB (2x64GB) NEW Crucial Micron DDR5 5600 Desktop RAM UDIMM (CP2K64G56C46U5)
$2085.00
Netac DDR4 32GB 16GB DDR4 3200MHz UDIMM C16 Desktop Internal Memory RAM Kit
$99.99
SK Hynix 32GB 2RX4 PC4-2666V DDR4 RDIMM Server Memory RAM, HMA84GR7AFR4N-VK
$169.95
Micron 32GB DDR4 2400MHz PC4-2400T ECC Reg RDIMM Server RAM
$119.99
RAMAXEL Lenovo 32GB LPDDR5X CAMM2 7500MHz Laptop RAM | UNTESTED
$445.00
LOT of 5 DDR4 8GB & 1 16GB So-DIMM RAM Sticks Micron and SK Hynix Various Speeds
$175.00
Major Brand 16GB (2x8GB) PC3-12800U DDR3-1600MHz DDR3-12800 DESKTOP RAM NON-ECC
$29.99
Corsair 32GB (4x8GB) DDR4-3200 288-Pin DIMM RAM CMT16GX4M2Z3200C16
$180.00
Corsair Vengeance DDR3 8GB 16GB 32GB 1866MHz PC3-14900 Desktop RAM Memory DIMM
$85.00