Why do my KDE System Notification sounds work when I log in as root but not as user? Everything I have checked is set up the same way in both.
Why do my KDE System Notification sounds work when I log in as root but not as user? Everything I have checked is set up the same way in both.
Here is more info if it helps. I found one difference between my user settings and root settings. In the root settings the "Run with the highest priority (realtime priority)" box is checked in the Control Center>Sound system settings. If I try to check this box logged in with my username I get a message saying "Impossible to start aRts with realtime priority because artswrapper is missing or disabled". Artswrapper is not missing. If it's disabled how do I enable it?
I've been having the same problem. I did find a work-around on the KDE website. On the System Notifacation page of Control Center, select Player Settings. Use /user/bin/artsplay as the external player. Works for me!![]()
Thanks for the reply. This works for me too!
My system sounds were working fine up until a day or so ago.....everything appears normal, the "test sound" button works but no sounds!! My cd's play OK....there is sound from speakers.....i tried the above fix but still does not work! any other ideas? ? ? ?![]()

Intel Core i5-12500T SRL5W 2GHz 18MB 6 Core Socket LGA1700 Desktop CPU Processor
$114.99
(LOT OF 4) Intel Core i5 Processors Different Gens
$249.99
INTEL CORE I9-10940X X-SERIES PROCESSOR | 3.30GHZ | SRGSH
$179.99
Lenovo ThinkCentre M920s SFF Barebones PC Motherboard PSU DVD No CPU RAM SSD
$27.99
AMD Ryzen 5 5500 Processor ( read Description)
$59.00
Intel Core I7-7700 SR338 3.60 Ghz Processor
$39.99
Intel Core i7-3770K 3.5 GHz Processor
$39.00
Intel Xeon E3-1230 v3 SR153 3.3GHz Quad Core LGA 1150 CPU Processor
$14.49
Intel 6th Gen Core i7-6700K 4.0GHz (Turbo 4.2GHz) 4-Core LGA1151 CPU SR2L0
$38.00
AMD - Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core - 16-Thread 3.4 GHz (4.5 GHz Max Boost) w/ Ice Pad
$355.99