I found this post:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=28827
That covers the xircom card that looks just like my intel one.
I need more help about how to do this from just the CD...just to get it working!!!I have a Xircom Ethernet LAN/Modem 10/100 PCMCIA card installed on a Digital HiNote Ultra 2000 laptop, with Knoppix 3.3 installed on the hard disk, with kernel 2.4.22 and cardctl 3.2.5.
When I do "/etc/init.d/pcmcia start" I get a message telling me that I have 2 sockets, but I should have 4: 2 for the Texas Instruments 1131 PCMCIA bridge and 2 for the Cirrus PD672x PCMCIA bridge -> http://inauspicious.org/hinote/#mode...tConfiguration
My /etc/default/pcmcia file contains this data:
PCMCIA='yes'
PCIC="i82365"
PCIC_OPTS=""
CORE_OPTS=""
CARDMGR_OPTS""
When I write lsmod I get the yenta_socket module loaded, instead of i82365. I see yenta_socket is loaded at boot time although I boot with the nopcmcia option
Can you tell me what is wrong with my configuration or where should I look? I've visited http://pcmcia-cs.sourceforge.net/ftp...CIA-HOWTO.html but I can't solve my problem.
Thanks in advance.
I found the solution:
Knoppix loaded the yenta_socket module at boot time because it was in /etc/module. I replaced yenta_socket with i82365 and now I can use the pcmcia card!
Could I add to the knoppix.sh startup script to make those changes? Then save that to config/persistant home?
Mostly, I'm not following which versions of the files [/, Knoppix. or Ramdisk, ?] to change/modify to even make it work while it's runnining from the CD...even if I have to do it at every boot.

Dell 6P85J 4TB ST4000NM0063 7.2k 6Gb/s 3.5” SAS SED Hard Drive with Tray
$39.99
Western Digital HUS726T4TAL5204 4TB 7.2K SAS 12Gb/s 3.5" 512e HDD NetApp X375A
$64.00
Western Digital WD Blue WD10EZEX 1 TB 3.5" SATA III Desktop Hard Drive
$23.99
DELL 2TB Enterprise HDD (7200RPM, 3.5", SATA III, 128MB Cache) HUS722T2TALA600
$49.95
Seagate Exos ST20000NM003C 20TB CMR 7200RPM SATA6Gb/s 3.5" Enterprise Hard Drive
$509.99
Seagate Exos ST2000NX0253 HDD 2TB SATA 7.2K 2.5" 512b/s
$55.00
Dell ST6000NM0034 1HT27Z-150 NWCCG 6TB SAS 3.5 7.2K ENTERPRISE SERVER DRIVE
$68.99
Toshiba 14TB MG07 MG07ACA14TEY 7.2K RPM SATA 6Gb/s 512e 3.5" Enterprise HDD
$339.00
Western Digital 1TB 3.5" SATA III 7200RPM Desktop Hard Drive
$34.99
HUS726060ALA640 HGST Ultrastar 6TB SATA 6Gbps 7.2K 3.5" Hard Drive OF21860
$129.99