Might be a marginal CD that can be read on your PC and not your brothers. Try burning another iso on a different PC and see if that makes any difference. Just a thought.
Im using Knoppix v3.1-2003-01-20.
I tried booting it on my brother's pc without success just by pressing "enter" (standart options). I got a Black screen
Then i did no pcmcia, usb,agp,etc since his pc doesn't have any of it. Same result--->Black Screen
I tried "failsafe" , at least i got an error msg "invalid compressed format (err=2)"....."The cd might be damage" i thought so i tried it on my pc----> it "worked flawlessly"
Any ideas? I searched dejanews, other forums without results.
![]()
Thanks in advance for any support.
Might be a marginal CD that can be read on your PC and not your brothers. Try burning another iso on a different PC and see if that makes any difference. Just a thought.
I'll give it a try but i'll make the iso image from the current cd because i don't want to download 700mb again.
I'll post any news about the subject for further reference
Final Conclusion: Error is caused by a mal functioning cd-rom (my brother's)
Why i reached that conclusion:
I booted several times with "failsafe", i got different results:
- Knoppix invalid compressed format (err=1) (1 not 2)
It started booting but stopped after a little while, i got a "cd-rom bla bla bla error"
I sucessfully loaded KNOPPIX
How to solve it? Buy a new cd-rom....![]()

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99
Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99
JUNIPER EX2300-24P 24-PORT POE+ GIGABIT ETHERNET SWITCH UNCLAIMED
$99.99
🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99
Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99
Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99
Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86
Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99
Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00
Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97