-

Originally Posted by
garyng
So it seems that if I distribute something non-commercially and it contains nothing that I compiled, I can do a "please refer to debian.org" kind of thing, according to 3c.
If I do any patches and recompile(say replace the kernel with vanilla one + patches), I need to either provide source or an offer to make the source available(for 3 years validity) meaning I need to keep the patched source for at least 3 years.
I took the Free Software licensing quiz after reading the GPL several times and only got 2 correct. 
I will definitely need to read the FAQ more closely. In light of failing the quiz so miserably, you may want to disregard my previous post. It may be best to contact [email protected] for any questions you may have regarding GPL restrictions.
Similar Threads
-
By Romen in forum General Support
Replies: 10
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 05:17 AM
-
By alejo in forum Laptops
Replies: 1
Last Post: 12-31-2003, 06:09 PM
-
By estranged in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 09-22-2003, 07:04 PM
-
By kamikaze_fish in forum Networking
Replies: 0
Last Post: 07-02-2003, 05:44 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

TP-Link TL-SG105 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Metal Desktop Network Switch
$19.99

Cisco Catalyst 2960-48TT-L 48-Port Fast Ethernet Managed Rackmount Switch
$46.99

NETGEAR GS308EP Essential Series 8-Port Gigabit PoE+ Unmanaged Switch
$49.99

TP-Link TL-SG1048 48-Port Gigabit Rackmount Switch New Factory Sealed
$199.99

5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Home Network Hub, Office Ethernet S...
$9.64

10-Port Gigabit PoE Network Switch with 8 PoE+ Ports with 2 Combo SFP Slots 125W
$39.99

TP-Link TL-SG105, 5 Port Gigabit Unmanaged Ethernet Switch, Network Hub, Ethern
$15.25

Arista DCS-7010T-48-R 48P 1GbE 4P 10GbE SFP+ RA Switch with rack mounts
$69.00

NETGEAR 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Unmanaged Switch (Gs305) - Desktop Quiet Fanless
$25.99

Cisco WS-C3650-12X48UR-L 48-Port Stackable Layer 3 8x10G SFP+ Port Switch
$129.99