Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 31

Thread: HDD install with KNX2HD and KNX-HDINSTALL easier than ever

  1. #21
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7
    It ignorred my attempt to use the check bypass command line swithes it mentions as well. For some reason it worked this morning on a computer I had installed knoppix 3.3 on this morning. . .trying it again with VMWare using a "computer" that had 3.3 installed as well. . .see if that makes the difference.

    YEP! For some reason, it is going to let me install 3.4 on the "machine" that has 3.3 installed already (booted to the 3.4 CD in that VM).

    Like I said earlier. . .I get a totally different menu and don't get the space failure warning. . .I get a menu with 6 options instead of just two (partition and exit).

    Anyway, there is something not right with this. . .should be able to install on a "clean" no partition system of the same size.

  2. #22
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6
    Where can I get the version 3.3? Anyway, When I just do the knoppix-installer (or when I do the way shown above) it comes up with xdialog or something when I choose the debian style system for installation. Is this right? It's my first time with a linux installation, as you might have guessed. It also does this with the beginner installer. I havn't seen anything on this in the install docs, and I'm just looking for other things in this forum.

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6
    How are you meant to load a script for the install? I'm at the part where I have to type lynx -source etc.

  4. #24
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    belgium
    Posts
    27
    hi,

    you can download knoppix 3.3 from ftp://ftp.kulnet.kuleuven.ac.be/mirror/knoppix

    the installation procedures you find on at http://godot.be also cover that version for a hard disk install...

    g.

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1

    I found a solution for that annoying error

    I think I have found a solution. At least It worked for me. I had the same error message telling about requeriments all the time from the console. But then I tried to use the X11 installer version and well, instead the default console partition tool it loaded me QTParted and well, I made the partitions with it and all worked well. I think the reason in my case could be that was needed an extended partition that console partition tool don't create. I hope this helps you.

  6. #26
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    belgium
    Posts
    27
    thanx for the suggestion: I have included a note suggesting to restart the installation procedure with the x11-based variant of knx2hd in case this type of problems occurs

    cu, g.

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    1
    Hi All,

    I'm new on linux OS, I tried to install knoppix 3.4 to HDD but unsuccessful. I'm using 8G HDD, single-boot. I followed step by step instruction from this "http://godot.studentenweb.org/debian/index.cgi" web-site. Up to the point where I start the installation, I got the following error message:

    "Error: Mounting of/dev/hda failed. Some messages from mount: 32768, 98304, 163840, 229376, 294912, 819200, 884736

    writing inode tables: 1/32
    4/32"

    Anyone can help?

    Thank you!
    Robertus

  8. #28
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6
    Quote Originally Posted by godot
    hi,

    you can download knoppix 3.3 from ftp://ftp.kulnet.kuleuven.ac.be/mirror/knoppix

    the installation procedure at http://godot.studentenweb.org/debian also covers that version for a hard disk install...
    Hi godot.. is there an install procedure for 3.4 or is it the same as for 3.3?

    WooHoo it's me again, I went to your page and found the answer to my question. Very nice page BTW, I'll get into it more later.

  9. #29
    Junior Member registered user
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    belgium
    Posts
    27
    dear robertus,

    it seems like a hardware problem to me... you could try using reiserfs rather than ext3 as the filesystem...

    cu, g.

  10. #30
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    6
    Hello godot.

    I made it, typing in Konq, using the 2.6? kernel from the Knoppix 3.4 cd But itδs all on mz HDD now. Just wanted to Thank Zou for zour site and the verz nice instructions. heh heh I just set my keyboard layout to something I recognize.
    Look for a thread about how to set 1280 x 1024 when all that is shown is 1024x768 and lower. That'll be me if you have an answer jump in!

    I got it.. just edited the *-4 file and it's now working fine

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Remastering just got easier?
    By mzilikazi in forum Customising & Remastering
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-16-2005, 10:14 PM
  2. Easier way to use a camera in linux?
    By ZeroKun in forum The Lounge
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-09-2005, 01:29 PM
  3. Help on the knx2hd (install on HD)
    By dou01553 in forum General Support
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-14-2004, 02:21 AM
  4. knx2hd install: what to expect?
    By linda in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-13-2004, 06:35 PM
  5. nVidia hindsight - ok, but what is easier?
    By nrj in forum General Support
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-17-2003, 06:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  


Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR picture

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR

$95.20



Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working picture

Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working

$149.99



Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB picture

Dell PowerEdge M620 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680v2 2.8ghz 20-Cores | 128GB

$149.99



Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric picture

Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric

$174.99



Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays picture

Dell Poweredge C6400 24x 2.5’’ 2x 2400W 4x C6420 Nodes H330 | 2x SFP | 8x Trays

$799.99



HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5

HPE PROLIANT BL460C GEN 9 813198-B21 2.5"x2 Server Blade SEE NOTES

$21.08



Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU picture

Datto S4P10 1U Blade Rack Server Intel Xeon D-2143IT 2.20GHz 48GB DDR4 4-Bay PSU

$197.76



Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis picture

Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis

$274.99



AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF picture

AS IS READ DESCRIP. Supermicro SuperServer 6026TT-HIBQRF 12-Bay 4x X8DTT-HIBQF

$215.00



Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5

Dell Poweredge VRTX 25Bay 2.5" 2x PERC 8, 2xCMC, I/O 1GB Pass Through, 4x PS

$578.08