-
Segmentation fault with knoppix26 boot on knoppix 3.4
Hello Knoppix User,
I got the above problem, when booting knoppix 3.4 javascript:emoticon('
')
javascript:emoticon('
')
I know the workaround with the "noscsi" bootoption, but i need SCSI-Support on some of my boxes !!
The boot fails on several systems (tried 8 systems)
Anyone got a good idea ?
NOB
-
Junior Member
registered user
I guess, but somebody more knowledgeable than I should advise, that there would be a way to specify the scsi block; e.g. /dev/sda, /dev/sdb, etc. instead of /dev/hda.
So, instead of "noscsi" you would feed the kernel with the necessary info about the block device which is your scsi drive. I'm guessing here, but if you check how the bootup console is identifying your drives, you could try feeding it the scsi drive info, in place of the "noscsi" code.
It may just be an issue of trial and error until you get the command line correct.
Good luck!
-
OTOH, noscsi may be the only answer for awhile. megaraid seems to be still under construction as of 2.6.5-rc1, according to kerneltrap.org
-
Have you tried the expert26 paramater, then seen what scsi wrapper you needed, it is a slow method, but you can just load the one you need, without the problems from the other (hopefully, but not necessiarily, I still get issues with my Nforce2 chips and SCSI, and if I do get 2.6.5 off of 3.4, then I don't get sound)
Similar Threads
-
By tr in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-23-2005, 09:29 AM
-
By bluestick in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 02:33 PM
-
By bluestick in forum General Support
Replies: 0
Last Post: 03-29-2005, 11:09 AM
-
By alexl in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 0
Last Post: 09-17-2004, 02:36 PM
-
By funkyrat in forum General Support
Replies: 9
Last Post: 05-12-2004, 07:44 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

OWC Mercury Elite Pro 2 Bay RAID Enclosure with USB 3.2 for Dual 3.5 inch HDDs
$87.99

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Adaptec ASR-71605 16-Port 1Gbps PCIe RAID Card High Profile
$18.49

WAVLINK RAID 2 Bay Hard Drive Docking Station SATA 2.5/3.5'' SSD HDD Enclosure
$119.99

2-Bay/4-Bay Hard Drive Enclosure for 3.5"/2.5'' SATA HDD/SSD 10Gbps USB-C 3.2
$119.99

Dell PowerEdge HBA330 LP PCI-E 12GBs RAID SAS Controller Adapter J7TNV
$18.95

Acasis USB 3.2 2 Bay HDD RAID Enclosure for 2.5/3.5" SATA Drives External Array
$55.00

CalDigit VR minin 2 Portable Raid Storage On The Go
$75.00

Broadcom MegaRAID 9461-16i SAS/SATA/NVME Tri-Mode PCIe RAID Controller
$295.00