-
HOWTO: Linux partition on a NTFS formatted hd
This is probably too elementary to be posted here, so I apologize in advance, but for what it is worth I am a pink little newbie, have wanted to try out Linux for a couple of years but have been overly cautious. I am using a Promise Ultra 133 TX controller, Dell XPS R400 w/ Diamond Max 80gb hd, ATI Radeon graphics card, all else is stock. So far knx-install recognizes the drive, it shows up and lists the proper disk size, but I am hesitating until I know what to do about a partition.
My question is how to create a Linux partition on this disc without interfering with my Win 2000 Pro partition? I am 'puter literate, but I have not done this before. A little push to get me going would be appreciated.
From what I have seen of KNOPPIX so far, if I can get GNU/Linux installed on my hard drive I'll leave Windows to my wife & kids and never,ever, look back.
Similar Threads
-
By twiistedkaos in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 7
Last Post: 05-28-2005, 01:23 PM
-
By zette in forum MS Windows & New to Linux
Replies: 2
Last Post: 05-04-2005, 03:03 PM
-
By dannysosa in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 07-05-2004, 03:50 PM
-
By sn0wflake in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-07-2004, 09:14 AM
-
By bigrobot in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 01-03-2004, 04:15 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Kingston 32GB 64GB 128GB 256GB USB 3.0 Flash Drive Thumb Memory Stick Pen lot
$285.90

2024 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$89.99

2021 Full Version Office Professional Plus for 1 PC Flash USB Drive
$59.99

1/ 10/ 100pcs USB 2.0 2GB, 4GB ,8GB ,16GB ,32GB ,64GB 128GB USB Flash Drives Lot
$269.10

USB 3.0 Flash Drive 32GB 64GB 128GB Memory Stick Thumb Stick Lot Pack
$826.09

USB Type-A Flash Drive Metal Memory Stick High Speed USB Drive 128GB 256GB 512GB
$8.47

LOT 10x SanDisk 32GB ULTRA USB 3.0 flash drive SDCZ48-032G 32 GB read 100 MB/s
$39.80

Microsoft Windows 11 Pro 64bit - New Sealed – Flash USB 1 PC
$49.99

Windows 11 Pro Install/Recovery/Repair USB Flash Drive
$35.00

128GB USB 14-in-1 MacOS bootable Installer repair recovery tech support service
$39.99