hi,
I've installed knoppix 3.4 and seems to run fun except:
I got DSL connection to my modem and eth network after the hub thus the network is accessed as LAN. DHCP server gives me IP however I've noticed that after running Win XP I do have to set it manually unless the lease of IP expires, which is fine.
In knoppix 3.4 however after the network runs for some time and then either stalls is transfer in progress or becomes unreacheable
setting ifconfig eth0 again or putting eth0 down/up doesn't change anything untill reboot
any idea about this strange behaviour
thanks in advance

Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR 0-2415-03 10 Gigabit Transceiver
$5.40
Cisco Meraki MA-SFP-1GB-SX Network Tranceiver Module
$89.00
Dell Intel X710-DA2 5N7Y5 Dual-Port 10GbE SFP+ PCIe 3.0 x8 Network Adapter
$27.50
HPE 560SFP 2x 10Gb SFP+ PCIe Both Profile Network Card 669279-001 665247-001
$14.90
SFP TO RJ45 TRANSCEIVER SFP MODULE COPPER SFP OPTICAL PORT TO RJ45 ETHERNET PORT
$7.99
Dell Mellanox ConnectX-4 Lx CX4121C Dual 25GbE SFP28 LP | 20NJD
$25.00
HP 560SFP+ 10GB 2-port PCIe NIC Ethernet ADAPTER 669279-001 w/ (2) 10GB SFP+
$16.99
New Open Box Lot of (5) Genuine Cisco SFP-10G-SR-S 10Gig Transceivers 10-3105-01
$84.99
HP 557SFP+ ETHERNET 10GB 2 PORT 792834-001 788991-001 HIGH LOT OF 10
$70.00
NEW Sealed Cisco SFP-10G-LR 10GBASE-LR SFP+ 1310nm 10km *US Shipping*
$24.00