-
Junior Member
registered user
Where is the Bittorrent client?
I've looked everywhere, but it's not to be found, but I know it's there from reading the packages list for 3.4! (Which is what I'm using btw). I mean, right now I have no windows and I can't do a HD install of this (family pc) so I need to find something to d/l torrent stuff till Windows is running again!
-
Senior Member
registered user
On Knoppix 3.4, there's a shell script to start the GUI front end for BitTorrent, in /usr/bin. It's named "btdownloadgui". After you download a *.torrent file, click on it in Konqueror and associate it with /usr/bin/btdownloadgui, and your download will start.
-
Junior Member
registered user
did that, got this message:
ERROR: Could not load wbPython.
In order to use this script, you must have wxPython installed.
It is available in the package libwxgtk2.3-python.
(libwxgtk2.2-python will not work with bittorrent, and also triggers this message)
Note: As of Jan 24, 2003, libwxgtk2.3-python isn't in testing
and has been discounted for 115 days. You can use btdownloadeheadless.py
and btdownloadcurses.py to accomplish the same task from a terminal.
-
Haven't yet tried 3.4 but try "btdownloadcurses filename.torrent"
Faster with typing "btd <tab> c <tab> few_chars_of_filename <tab>"
Similar Threads
-
By HamOpMW in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-05-2005, 07:49 PM
-
By OP4Latino in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-25-2005, 04:52 AM
-
By Level7 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 10:26 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-29-2004, 08:03 PM
-
By towjamb in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 12:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

MegaRAID 9580-8i8e 16-port 12G SAS/SATA/NVMe 8GB PCIe RAID - 05-50076-00
$1619.30

Broadcom 9600-24i Tri-Mode RAID Controller 4.0 NVMe SAS SATA NEW 05-50111-01003
$639.69

BROADCOM 05-50077-01 PCI-E 4.0 x8 PCI-Express MegaRAID 9560-8i RAID Controller
$714.99

Intel VROC Premium RAID Controller Card PCIe Add-On Module VROCPREMMOD
$265.00

Broadcom LSI 9305-16i 12Gbps SAS-3 PCIe x8 HBA 16-Ports Raid Controller
$64.99

Inspur LSI YZCA-00424-101 12Gbps SAS 3.0 RAID Controller CARD HBA HDD
$14.99

OWC Mercury Elite Pro Quad 4 Bay RAID Storage Enclosure USB 3.1 Gen 2 No Drives
$149.95

Cisco UCSB-MRAID12G FlexStorage 12G SAS Raid Controller
$23.99

9300-8i LSI SAS3008 8-Port 12Gb PCIe IT mode ZFS FreeNAS unRAID 2*SFF-8643 US
$49.50

1 Dell Ultra SSD M.2 NVMe PCI-Express x16 Solid State Storage Adapter Card 6N9RH
$59.99