-
Junior Member
registered user
Where is the Bittorrent client?
I've looked everywhere, but it's not to be found, but I know it's there from reading the packages list for 3.4! (Which is what I'm using btw). I mean, right now I have no windows and I can't do a HD install of this (family pc) so I need to find something to d/l torrent stuff till Windows is running again!
-
Senior Member
registered user
On Knoppix 3.4, there's a shell script to start the GUI front end for BitTorrent, in /usr/bin. It's named "btdownloadgui". After you download a *.torrent file, click on it in Konqueror and associate it with /usr/bin/btdownloadgui, and your download will start.
-
Junior Member
registered user
did that, got this message:
ERROR: Could not load wbPython.
In order to use this script, you must have wxPython installed.
It is available in the package libwxgtk2.3-python.
(libwxgtk2.2-python will not work with bittorrent, and also triggers this message)
Note: As of Jan 24, 2003, libwxgtk2.3-python isn't in testing
and has been discounted for 115 days. You can use btdownloadeheadless.py
and btdownloadcurses.py to accomplish the same task from a terminal.
-
Haven't yet tried 3.4 but try "btdownloadcurses filename.torrent"
Faster with typing "btd <tab> c <tab> few_chars_of_filename <tab>"
Similar Threads
-
By HamOpMW in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 07-05-2005, 07:49 PM
-
By OP4Latino in forum The Lounge
Replies: 7
Last Post: 06-25-2005, 04:52 AM
-
By Level7 in forum General Support
Replies: 5
Last Post: 08-27-2004, 10:26 AM
-
By bongski55 in forum The Lounge
Replies: 1
Last Post: 02-29-2004, 08:03 PM
-
By towjamb in forum Tips and Tricks
Replies: 6
Last Post: 02-11-2004, 12:26 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Juniper MX204 +JUNOS and Dual Power Supply
$7299.99

Juniper EX2300 12-Port Gigabit PoE+ Managed Network Switch P/N: EX2300-C-12P
$149.99

🔀 Juniper Networks EX2300-C-12P 12× Gigabit PoE+ • 2× 10G SFP+ Compact Switch ⚡
$109.99

Juniper EX3400-24P 24-Port PoE+ GbE + 4-Port 1/10Gb SFP Switch
$245.00

Juniper Networks MX204-HW-BASE *BRAND NEW FACTORY SEALED* READ DETAILS
$8199.99

Juniper QFX5120-48Y-AFO 48 x 1/10/25GB SFP28 + 8 x 40/100GB Switch w/Dual AC
$10499.99

Juniper EX2300-C 12 Port Compact Gigabit Switch EX2300-C-12p Discounted Cosmetic
$79.86

Juniper EX2300-C-12P 12 Port Gigabit PoE+ 2x10G SFP+ Managed Compact Switch
$179.99

Juniper QFX5100-48S-3AFI 48-Port SFP+ 6 QSFP+ 2x SFP/RJ-45 Management
$249.97

Juniper Networks Mist Wireless Access Points, Model AP45
$59.99