In case anybody else is having this problem my sounds are now working by setting "use external player" in "player settings" to artsplayer in the control center>sound & multimedia>system notifications section.
I get the following message when I check "Run with the highest priority (realtime priority)" in the Control Center>Sound system settings : "Impossible to start aRts with realtime priority because artswrapper is missing or disabled". Artswrapper is not missing. If it's disabled how do I enable it? I have tried everything I can find to get my kde system notification sounds to work and nothing has helped. My sound works on everything except this. It's not that big of a deal but I would just like to know why this doesn't work.
In case anybody else is having this problem my sounds are now working by setting "use external player" in "player settings" to artsplayer in the control center>sound & multimedia>system notifications section.

Dell PowerEdge M630 Blade Server 2x Xeon E5-2680 v4, 2F3MP , 4GDP5 ,R10KJ ,JVFVR
$96.60
NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE T430 T630 G13 SERVERS K98XH
$225.00
Dell PowerEdge M640 Blade Barebone Server Dell P/N: HHB006 Tested Working
$149.99
Cisco UCS 5108 Blade Server Chassis Enclosure N20-C6508 4x PSU 8x Fans 2x Fabric
$174.99
HPE Synergy 480 Gen10 Blade Server BAREBONES NO CPU, RAM OR HDD 🚚
$140.00
Dell PowerEdge FX2 FX2s Server 10GbE CMC Blade Enclosure Chassis
$274.99
NETAPP HCI NAF-1701 SuperMicro Server 4X BLADE H410C 8X GOLD 5120 4 NODE SERVER
$1499.97
Dell PowerEdge VRTX 2.5"x25 Bay Blade Enclosure 4x1600W + 4X M640 (4X Blades)
$1599.99
NEW DELL TRUSTED PLATFORM MODULE TPM 2.0 POWEREDGE R730 SERVER M48YR RXW6R K98XH
$225.00
NEW Cisco UCSB-5108-AC2 Blade Server Chassis 8 Slot 6RU Chassis 4 X PSU - DW
$599.40