Do a search here and look in the FAQ, I think I linked /proc/mounts to /etc/mtab, you'll get a couple of extra lines in df but you can keep an eye on your available hd space.
HTH
rock
Somehow, I couldn't get the latest version of Knoppix (January, 2003) to boot up with my
system because it was complaining about apm.o in /lib/modules/..... even when I typed
"knoppix noapm" at the prompt! It printed out a bunch of errors about insmod and dropped
me in a prompt. However, the whole thing booted just fine, with KDE and all that, if I used
an older version, August, 2002. After installing it on my harddrive using that old version,
the "df" comand doesn't show the disk space of my harddrive (where Knoppix Linux resides)
at all... It does however show the disk space usage for my SCSI (vfat) drive. I have tried
with all kind of flags with df but none would work, displacing the disk space usage for the
local disk. Does anyone have the same problem (which I doubt it) or know a way to fix that?I would like to use that command to keep my eyes on the space so I won't overfill it...
Thanks.
Lawrence
Do a search here and look in the FAQ, I think I linked /proc/mounts to /etc/mtab, you'll get a couple of extra lines in df but you can keep an eye on your available hd space.
HTH
rock

IBM System X3850-X5 Server w/4x Intel Xeon E7-4870 CPU , 512 GB DDR3 RAM,NO HDD
$1299.99
DEFECTIVE IBM SYSTEM X3530 M4 7160AC1 Server 2INTEL XEON E52430L 0 80GB G3D
$142.50
Unused IBM 09P0037 MAINBOARD For RS/6000 7044-170 P-Series
$375.00
IBM QRadar xx29 2x Xeon E5-2650v4 2x 900W PSU M5120 12x 3.5" Bay Server No RAM
$179.99
IBM 02YC027 Seagate ST2400MM0129 2.4TB 10K SAS 12Gb/s 2.5" Server Hard Drive
$200.00
Compaq ProLiant 1500R 5/100 rack server, Series 3155, with IBM 2.1GB HD, VINTAGE
$295.00
IBM Power S824 12Bay 4U Server - 2x Power8 CPU, 512GB DDR4, MT: 8286-42A
$1731.00
IBM SYSTEM X3500 M3 SERVER 7380AC1 TOWER Server XEON E5620 8GB RAID SEE NOTES
$110.30
Rare Vintage IBM 93ZZ PowerPC Server Board - MCM Ceramic CPU - 40N1844 - 1.1 lbs
$49.99
IBM ADP Server Type 7870 AC1 NO HDD | 128GB RAM PC3L | 2 x Xeon E5620
$199.99