-
problem with df!!!
Somehow, I couldn't get the latest version of Knoppix (January, 2003) to boot up with my
system because it was complaining about apm.o in /lib/modules/..... even when I typed
"knoppix noapm" at the prompt! It printed out a bunch of errors about insmod and dropped
me in a prompt. However, the whole thing booted just fine, with KDE and all that, if I used
an older version, August, 2002. After installing it on my harddrive using that old version,
the "df" comand doesn't show the disk space of my harddrive (where Knoppix Linux resides)
at all... It does however show the disk space usage for my SCSI (vfat) drive. I have tried
with all kind of flags with df but none would work, displacing the disk space usage for the
local disk. Does anyone have the same problem (which I doubt it) or know a way to fix that?
I would like to use that command to keep my eyes on the space so I won't overfill it...
Thanks.
Lawrence
-
Senior Member
registered user
Do a search here and look in the FAQ, I think I linked /proc/mounts to /etc/mtab, you'll get a couple of extra lines in df but you can keep an eye on your available hd space.
HTH
rock
Similar Threads
-
By bongski55 in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 4
Last Post: 11-15-2003, 10:19 AM
-
By Triple Six in forum Hardware & Booting
Replies: 2
Last Post: 04-15-2003, 04:23 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 1TB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT1000MX500SSD1
$102.99

Samsung 2.5" 870 EVO SSD SATA III 250GB 500GB 1TB Internet Solid State Drive Lot
$90.00

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

Samsung New SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB 1TB 500GB 250GB NVMe M2 Internal Hard Drive Lot
$79.99

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

2 PACK 128 GB SSD M.2 2280 SATA Solid State Drive Major Brands, Samsung, LiteON
$28.80

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

Samsung 256 GB Internal SATA SSD Fully Tested 50%-79% Health
$24.00

Micron MTFDDAK256TBN 256 GB, Internal ,2.5" SSD
$23.00

SSD 2.5" SATA Hard Drive for Laptop Desktop Windows 10 pro 64 Pro Pre-installed
$42.00