-
updating HDinstall[never mind]
I just installed Knoppix 3.3 to my harddrive.
[mostly because I like the unpolished look and gritty feel of the OS over fedora and mandrake, yet I'm still too new to just install debian]
I have looked for some HowTo's on updating on the knoppix sites, but I havn't found anything. Am I looking in the wrong places for updating my HDinstall?
Thanks for all your help.
[I found it "duh" Debian.org]
-
there is no knoppix way in upgrading your hd install... when you install knoppix to hd you will get a debian installation with some additional scripts which i like (because i am too lazy and too new to do this on my own)
anyways... if you are going to update your system go to debian.de / debian.org, whatever and read some informations about apt-get. this is the debian way of upgrading / updating your system.
with apt-get update you will get the latest package information
with apt-get upgrade you will update your system (before the install the system will show you what is going to be upgraded)...
(btw. /etc/apt/sources.list have to be set up... knoppix should come with such a setup)
Similar Threads
-
By alphager in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-19-2005, 06:25 AM
-
By dave52355 in forum General Support
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-17-2003, 06:43 PM
-
By kamikaze_fish in forum The Lounge
Replies: 6
Last Post: 06-25-2003, 01:35 AM
-
By emanuelez in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-31-2003, 09:19 AM
-
By johncarlson21 in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 4
Last Post: 03-27-2003, 01:52 PM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

Crucial MX500 500GB 2.5" SATA III Internal SSD CT500MX500SSD1
$56.99

SSD 880EVO SATA III 2.5 4TB INTERNAL STATE DRIVE
$214.99

Samsung 860 EVO 250GB SSD MZ-76E250 2.5" SATA III Solid State Drive
$39.99

128TB External SSD Solid State Drive Hard Drive Disk PC Phones Mac Games Videos
$97.60

Netac 2TB 1TB 512GB 256GB Internal SSD 2.5inch SATAIII Solid State Drive lot
$549.00

SAMSUNG SSD 512GB 500GB 480GB 256GB 250GB 240GB SSD 2.5 Solide State Drive 6Gbps
$37.99

Samsung SSD, v-nand,860 EVO, 500gb, model MZ-76E500, SATA III, Health 90-98%
$50.00

Fanxiang 1/2/5/10Pcs 2.5'' SATA SSD Lot 1TB 2TB 4TB 512GB 256GB TLC Internal SSD
$129.99

KingSpec SSD 2.5" SATA3 Internal Solid State Drive for PC,Laptop,Mac
$60.00

Netac 120GB 256GB 1TB 2TB Internal SSD 2.5'' SATAIII 6Gb/s Solid State Drive lot
$119.99