-
"Run as Root"
Hei
I came across a neat little 'KDE improvement' called "Run as Root" on KDE-Look.org today, which puts an "Open as Root" icon on Konqueror's right-click menu popup when you are using the File Management view... it was exactly what I wished for earlier in the day, when I had to logout & then in again as root, to edit fstab.
There are no doubt other ways, in which case I would be happy to hear of them..
regards
ps look under KDE improvements
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: "Run as Root"

Originally Posted by
cintra
Hei
There are no doubt other ways, in which case I would be happy to hear of them..
regards
Open a console window (the shell icon on a monitor in the taskbar) then type in su and enter key you will then be asked for the root password type it in and enter key again you can then open any file you want for editing as root in that console window.
-
Senior Member
registered user
Re: "Run as Root"
or you can press alt-f2 and enter
Code:
sudo kwrite /etc/fstab
probono
-
Junior Member
registered user
su never asks for a password!
Am I doing something wrong? When I type it never asks for a password.
If I type then I can enter a root password, but it does not ask me again for it, when I exit and re-enter su.
What is the correct and safe way of su-ing?
Similar Threads
-
By maxcruiver in forum Hdd Install / Debian / Apt
Replies: 1
Last Post: 04-02-2005, 06:54 PM
-
By ix86i in forum Customising & Remastering
Replies: 1
Last Post: 10-30-2004, 12:16 PM
-
By cumulus in forum General Support
Replies: 2
Last Post: 10-12-2004, 09:47 AM
-
By LukeyBoy in forum General Support
Replies: 3
Last Post: 03-24-2004, 02:35 PM
-
By villain_2006 in forum General Support
Replies: 11
Last Post: 03-15-2004, 06:45 AM
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules

RAM-HOL-SAM60CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock for Samsung Tab Active5 - 3 - 2
$81.99

Samsung Tab S9 FE 5G 10.9" 128GB Gray Unlocked - READ DESCRIPTION
$140.00

Samsung 24" S3 Essential IPS 100Hz Monitor | Sealed | Fast shipping
$50.00

Samsung Odyssey Neo G95NA - OEM Stand - BN96-51632B
$125.00

RAM-HOL-SAM52CPU RAM USB-C Powered Dock Samsung Tab Active4 Pro & Tab Active Pro
$81.99

Cell Phone Smartphone Computer repair banner poster sign iphone Samsung
$89.99

RAM-GDS-SKIN-SAM54-NG-1 RAM Mounts IntelliSkin® Next Gen for Samsung Tab Active4
$93.99

Samsung SCXSTP000, SCX-STP000 (Swingline Staple Cartridge - 3 Refills)
$57.99

Samsung Galaxy Tab Active 3/ 64 gig/WIFI
$85.00

USB C Type C to USB A Cable 5A Fast Charging Cable Data Cord For Huawei Samsung
$4.99